Dakota Ridge RV Park
$159
TownePlace Suites
$158
$239
Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Courtyard
$110
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$152
Denver Marriott West(Golden)(Great Value!)
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$185
Hampton.com
$110
CandlewoodSuites
Eldora Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
$179
All reviewscamping worlddenver areafull hookupslaundry facilitypropane tankinterior roadstrash servicepull through sitestrash pickuptravel trailerconcrete padsshower facilitiesdog walking areadump stationfamily reunionclose to downtowngolden colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through the Denver area on the beginning of a one month vacation to Montana from Texas during the 4th of July. He realized that he had a detached retina and we immediately started trying to find a specialist along with an rv park that would take us during this very busy time. We read the negative reviews of this park but we were desperate to find a place to stay as he was quickly losing his vision. A sweet lady named Stacy answered the phone at Dakota and answered our prayers! They juggled a few spots around and found us a place to park. We have been here 2 weeks and feel so happy and blessed to be here. The managers Joe and Patty have been so helpful. The park is a beautiful place with nice facilities. The pool is great and the laundry is very clean. The location is perfect. Close to downtown Golden, lots of shopping and many tourist attractions including a wonderful farmers market. I would highly recommend this park. We have traveled all over the western United States and this park deserves its ratings!

2  Thank BeckyTommy
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Late checkin was a breeze, beautiful facilities. Very secure, well kept.

All staff was very accommodating and went out of ther way to be helpful.
Showers, pool and hot tub spotless ! The whole place is great. Will return.

Stayed in k3 . Nice nice nice. 7/17/2013

1  Thank T O
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here toward the end of a two week jaunt that was vacation week 1 and business week 2. The very high Good Sams ratings that other members have commented on are misleading to the point where I question the integrity of Good Sams ratings in general now. As a former member of Good Sams the ratings of this RV park alone will keep me from renewing my Good Sams membership. I booked the park a little on short notice I'll admit, but I specified a quiet site away from the road and surrounding businesses. When I arrived I was placed in E1 which is next to the busy highway at the entrance and didn't get much sleep the first night. The next day I was to move to a back in site and was placed in a site with a sewer hookup under the picnic table and that overlooked a loading dock/garbage dump of neighboring business. I immediately asked to move which the owners were gracious about and was placed in a site overlooking a self-storage center. And this is the main thing you must know Most of the sites at this park are of this sort. Check out the pictures. There are several pull through sites in the middle of the park that are decent and a few toward the back of the park but the vast majority border neighboring businesses or the loud highway out front. If you are coming for business and just need full hooks and don't care much about your site in terms of space next to neighbors and/or highways and businesses this isn't bad given the incredible lack of decent private RV campgrounds in the NW DEN area. If you are coming for vacation in the beautiful Rocky mountais and decide to stay here you A) wasted gas money to stay in place you could easily find in any major metro area in the US and B) will be sorely unhappy that you are staying in a city RV park surrounded by loud highways and unappealing neighboring businesses. There are not a lot of pros to this park, but I will say the laundry facility was adequate and the pool area though small was clean and modern (just don't even think of letting any kids under 18 sit in the hot tub or you'll get a real azz chewin). As a temporary quick stayover spot on a vacation may work but just know what you are getting into and happy trails...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Brian S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had some problems with our motorhome on the way to this campground. When we arrived, the manager Joe worked with us to provide a site in case we needed to extend beyond the two nights we had reserved. He also gave us a recommendation for a service that does on-site repairs. We contacted the service, which came out the next day. We were able to get everything fixed and leave as planned. We are full-timers and have visited many campgrounds. Dakota Ridge is a nice place, with good facilities and it's clean. They pick up your trash at your campground, which isn't done in many places. They also have dog walks with bags and containers, which many campgrounds also don't provide. We didn't use the pool, but saw a lot of people enjoying it. The bathrooms were nice and clean. This was our second visit and will stay again when we are in the area.

1  Thank Anita E
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Good Sam ratings are overstated IMHO. Most sewer connections seem to run uphill? Very few trees. The RV pads and sites are poorly maintained. The staff are excellent. Not as dog friendly as I would like.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple