“great place!”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Golden
western colorado
“great place!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I rented the carriage house during a trip to Golden for surgery. We needed a quiet place for recovery and this was perfect. Since it isn't attached to the house we could listen to the radio or talk without worry of disturbing other guests. It was like having our own apartment. There is a small kitchen, which was great. The house is within walking distance of most everything, a grocery with a pharmacy and many restaurants and shops. The best part of the experience was Judy's amazing breakfasts. She accomodated our food allergies and made something different every day. Both Judy and Dennis are delightful company. When we left we felt like family. Highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the carriage house and would choose it again
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed by myself in the Green Room for 3 nights. The location is great and Judy and Dennis are incredibly warm and welcoming. The highlight for my stay at the Silk Pincushion was breakfast every morning with Judy, Dennis and the other B & B guests. Judy is a fantastic cook making something new most mornings.....gingerbread pancakes, sausage & cheddar mini biscuits, fresh berries, scrambled eggs with homemade potatoes with ham. Great food and great conversation around the table every morning. I would happily stay here again. Beats a hotel any day.

Room Tip: The Green room does not face the main street, so it seemed to be a bit quieter if noise from passing...
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nora M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay tremendously. The proprietors are warm wonderful people, the bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the delicious breakfast each morning. It is in walking distance to most everything in Golden. We would highly recommend this gem to anyone looking for a bed and breakfast in this area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The host and hostess are wonderful at this B&B and provide great Victorian style rooms with modern bathrooms. The setting in Golden makes for an easy walk, just a few short blocks, to restaurants, bistros, coffee shops, the town's art and history museums. There were many annual and monthly events to attend in Golden--Buffalo Bill Days, live bands, car shows, and more-- during my three week stay. The hostess and host, Judy and Dennis, provide early morning coffee, delicious breakfast, and insider tips on what to do without being overbearing or biased in their advice. Beautiful spot that I'll return to when visiting family in Golden.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Lavender and Green rooms and both are nicely furnished with very comfortable beds and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EBH444
Sonoita, Arizona
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The Silk Pincushion has 3 smallish rooms, nicely appointed with great attention to detail. Our room was very clean and we appreciated that the windows opened to enjoy the night air. Unfortunately, the streets were a bit noisy our nights due to the holiday weekend. There is a sweet, funny cat that roams downstairs but is not allowed in the rooms. WiFi is available but service is spotty. Judy and Dennis are friendly and accommodating. Judy has an embroidery studio next door and offers classes if you are interested. All in all, quite nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mari B
Memphis, Tenn.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

A real family atmosphere prevails at this cozy, clean, comfortable B & B a couple blocks off the main drag in lovely Golden, Colorado. It's nicely furnished with antiques, decorated with family photos and run like a well-oiled machine by a native Goldenite. It's small enough that all the guests can get to know each other around a big dining table. When we were there the breakfast fare included loads of seasonal fruit, a delicious frittata, and biscuits with cooked Granny Smith apples. The Pincushion is nicely separated from the busier part of old-town Golden, but is within an easy walk of a big Safeway grocery store and a decent walk of the Colorado School of Mines.
We loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank noriboy
Fleet
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I chose to stay here because the price was good value and the location meant I coulod walk into town.
When I arrived at 4.45pm there was no answer and I sat on the porch whilst it rained until 6.15pm when the owners finally arrived. I had no phone to call the owners and they got stuck in Denver due to flooding, so it was totally beyond their control, the knee high water flowing through the streets of Denver meant that they could not leave the car park.
I stayed in the Blue Room, the room had en-suite facilities in the old walk in wardrobe, a comfortable bed with a headboard carved by a civil war soldier who had lost his legs in the fighting. The TV had the basic channels but also a DVD player with a large selection of DVD’s available in the lounge.
I inadvertently turned off my alarm when resetting it and I was half an hour late down for breakfast which had been left out on the table. The hosts reheated my breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns and made some fresh toast. I also had coffee and orange juice and an apple and cranberry pastry.
I did not meet any other guests in the B&B, so it was very quiet.
I loved the quaint victorian charm of the building and it's location just down the road from the Coors Brewery.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo