“Just had a drink....but location is great”

Grappa Mediterranean Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #51 of 150 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10th
Transit: RTD is serving bus stop 2 minutes walking from our restaurant. You can catch the bus from anywhere in Denver, Boulder and the surrounding areas.
Description: Visit our Mediterranean Bistro featuring cuisine from Italy, France and Spain by Chef and Owner Maurice Couturier and Piano Bar with Ricardo nightly. Visit our beautiful patio in Golden CO overlooking Clear Creek. We are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Hour Specials and Tapas are available every afternoon. Facilities for Private Parties are available, so are our extensive wine list and exclusive dishes. You will not believe it until you try it! Dining in Grappa deserves a trip!
Essex, Connecticut
“Just had a drink....but location is great”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stopped by for a glass of wine on the patio overlooking the river. It was a beautiful summer night. Can't say anything about the food but it is a very pleasant venue.

• Visited August 2014

“Awful service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Our server took our order and we didn't see him again until we bugged other servers for things we needed. We finished half our meal with empty water glasses and an empty beer and wine glass. We spent $15 on an appetizer than was essentially cheese slices and salami. The chicken and eggplant Parmesan was adequate at best. For the price, I would go elsewhere. The service was just awful. Worst service In recent memory. I would check out something else.

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Second time is the last time”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have written several reviews for Tripadvisor, and generally my philosophy has been if you don't have something nice to say don't say it. I am changing my policy. My friend and I had lunch at Grappa today, and decide that this was the last time. The setting is lovely, but golly! I ordered a Salad Nicoise which was okay, but nothing special. My friend ordered a French onion soup and salad. When her dish arrived it had a big black lump embedded in the cheese. Upon further inspection it turned out to be a quite large fly. Okay, mistakes happen and as disgusting as a large insect in one's food is, life goes on. It was certainly big enough for a chef to notice, however. My friend chased down a waiter, who instead of being apologetic tried to make a joke that the fly's name was Fred. Really? One wonders if this happens all the time. He did bring another soup, flyless! Now when I have had something semi-disgusting happen with a meal before, the practice has been to comp a meal or maybe a free dessert with sincere apologies. None of that was forthcoming. Know what, Grappa will never see our business again, and I urge others to think twice.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Eric M
Parker, CO
“Good Tapas---Overpriced 'Happy Hour'”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went here for 'Happy Hour'/Tapas on a weekday afternoon. My dining partner and I ordered crab cakes and pomme frites. Crab cakes were exceptionally good with a rich beurre blanc sauce. Frites were served with garlic and parmesan---very nice. When we asked if there were drink specials for happy hour, we were told no, but minutes later, a different waiter was describing drink specials to a nearby table. Wine (mediocre) was $9.50 per glass, and it wasn't a $9.50 glass of wine...Service was lukewarm as well. Waiters were loud and chatty with each other, and there was much heavy truck traffic on the road. Although the patio at Grappa overlooks the creek and could be a wonderful dining venue, the atmosphere just isn't.

• Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Worst service !”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband took me to this restaurant upon the recommendation of a colleague who lives in Golden. The setting was beautiful: outdoor patio overlooking Clear Creek. However, the male waiter we had was awful!!

Unless he is the son of the owner, this waiter should not be working there!
I selected a meal of pasta with sausage, shrimps, mussels , scallops. When the meal came, nowhere on the food did I see shrimps or scallops. The only seafood that can be seen were the mussels. To top it off, my first bite met me with a very spicy (hot!) pasta! Nowhere on the menu did it warn us about the meal being spicy. This particular waiter made no mention of the fact that the meal was very spicy. When I called him over, his explanation was that the dish was known for being spicy! Hello?? The name of this particular dish was not written in English! I ordered another meal which was no better. What a disappointment.

Anyways, very disappointing meal. I had a better meal at The Golden Hotel across the street.

• Visited June 2014