“Lovely Restaurant, Good Food, Service????”

Grappa Mediterranean Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #59 of 153 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10th
Transit: RTD is serving bus stop 2 minutes walking from our restaurant. You can catch the bus from anywhere in Denver, Boulder and the surrounding areas.
Description: Visit our Mediterranean Bistro featuring cuisine from Italy, France and Spain by Chef and Owner Maurice Couturier and Piano Bar with Ricardo nightly. Visit our beautiful patio in Golden CO overlooking Clear Creek. We are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Hour Specials and Tapas are available every afternoon. Facilities for Private Parties are available, so are our extensive wine list and exclusive dishes. You will not believe it until you try it! Dining in Grappa deserves a trip!
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This restaurant has a good menu, lovely interior, and an outdoor patio overlooking Clear Creek...the food was good!

Unfortunately, our waiter was awful! He was curt when he took our order, never wrote anything down, wouldn't bring a wine list, and when the really NICE gal brought our order, I noticed that it didn't match the description of what I ordered - the Norwegian Panini. A different waiter confirmed this, and took it back. Our waiter brought the new Norwegian Panini shortly thereafter declaring...."so, you made a mistake"... I couldn't even believe he said that to me.
I had been a waitress several times, and I was flabbergasted that he would even say that.

Nevertheless, the food was good, but he spoiled the experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent a weekend in Golden. Happened upon Grappa for a drink & light snack. The waiter, Alec, had such a great personality and suggestion as to what to choose, we booked dinner for the next evening. Again we were quite pleased. Originally when we stopped in, the people at the front were not too excited that we wanted a table for just drinks and maybe an appetizer, but after more than an hour we made friends with a few. If you go for a meal here, ask for Alec. He will help make your meal more enjoyable.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Terrace overlooking the pathway along the south side of the Clear Creek is the best feature of this restaurant, followed by the politeness of the service staff with whom we interacted. Food quality is not bad, just not anything about which to "write home," so to speak. Smoked salmon appetizer was probably the best of the four small tapas plates that we ordered. Calamari was more coating than fish - not bad, crunchy and not oily or greasy but completely overwhelmed any possible taste of the fish. The worst of the experience was the wine - the pours for the wines we ordered by the glass were more akin to tasting pours at a winery (e.g. probably 2 oz) than a true glass.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

we had lunch here during the photography festival, and it was wonderful. we had lovely weather and ate outside on the patio near the creek. our server was able to help me choose a wine, and assist my husband with trying to figure out what meal would contain the least amount of sodium. and I'd say he helped as my hubby didn't seem to have any BP spikes. . .

the food was great! I had the egg plant parmesan and that's a dish that's often easy for a place to mess up, but they did a great job. the egg plant was done right (and not too salty), they had a little bit of pesto sauce on the egg plant along with the tomato sauce. the tomato sauce was almost more of a diced tomato, rather than a tomato sauce. and the noodles were a thicker variety of spaghetti.

the food was so good we debated about having dinner there as well.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Service was very good. Food was tasty. My husband and I had the chicken marsala and were disappointed that the chicken was on the tough side. Son and daughter-in-law had the lamb special and thought it was very good. It is very noisy and very hard for my husband to understand any discussion. Would have enjoyed sitting on their patio overlooking the river but the rain came hard and it would not have been a pleasant place to be eating.

Been to Grappa Mediterranean Bistro and Cafe? Share your experiences!