“Birds and Wildlife - how beautiful!”

Golden Gate Canyon State Park
Ranked #7 of 56 things to do in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: This area is particularly good for snowshoers.
Waynesville, North Carolina
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Birds and Wildlife - how beautiful!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

You might think you'll never get there from Hwy 93, but just hang on. When you do, you'll have plenty to see!

Visited August 2011

Golden, Colorado
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Such a lovely place, we always go in the fall to see the colors.”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I love driving up into the canyon, nice visitor center, I just wish sometime I would see the wildlife!!! I always feed the fish though at the visitor center. The colors are so pretty in the fall. I don't know about a fee, for some of the access I think yes. But not just to get to the visitor center.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Josie06
Denver
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“We got a park pass!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We loved it so much that we decided to get an annual park pass! There are many trails to choose from moderate to extreme. I have seen many benches and picnic tables to enjoy as you take a break or have lunch.
They even have an area to ice skate in the winter!
The visitor center has much to see and helpful employees.
My son enjoyed feeding the fish.
A young man came in all scratched up from a fall and they took very good care of him!
I still have much exploring to do, but love what I've seen so far.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank ShelBelle86
Thornton, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful area close to Denver”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

You don't have to venture very far from Denver to enjoy the scenery the park has to offer. Great place to camp, hike, bike, relax, take a drive, or just get away from it all. Absolutely beautiful!

1 Thank ilovefootball84
Littleton, Colorado
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Wilderness Next to Denver”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a wonderfully maintained park with tons of opportunity for solitude while hiking or backcountry camping. All skill levels can find wonderful things to do here. Camping, fishing, hiking, nature watching, aspens, cookouts, scenic drives. The rangers are knowledgable and friendly. I have been here over a dozen times and it is consistent. A total win.

1 Thank LM4u