“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Glenwood Springs
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Will definitely stay here again. Clean. Comfortable
Business Center available. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy to access. Comfortable beds. Quiet rooms. Good location. 200 characters is too much to require!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Joe K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
McPherson, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in a famous, scenic hotel 5 days ago, that was more than 3 times as expensive and their room couldn't hold a candle to this suite.
Think around $100 per night for a suite with kitchenette, very roomy, comfortable beds with two pillows per person, decent desk with comfortable office chair, nice views of river and mountains (on north side of hotel), TV with free on Demand and numerous premium channels, outdoor deck with several tables and propane grill that's right off the pool/spa area (and next to the river), and their staff are helpful and pleasant.
Drawback? Don't leave your window open at night or the train (running on tracks on side of mountain) will wake you up. Close the window and you're fine since the hotel uses two panes of 'glass' that kills the noise. These guys covered all their bases at this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike h
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Portales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel was great. Not just for me travelling with my dog, but it was wonderful for that, too. I stayed on 3rd floor with the view out the back of the river (awesome by the way). Its really peaceful in the morning. I noticed there were a good amount of other people there with pets (probably one of the only pet friendly hotels there). The front desk staff was friendly- both gentlemen who I dealt with were very helpful. There is only 1 ice machine- that was the only thing I could find wrong. When I got there an old man was filling no less than FOUR laundry bags with ice... Ridiculous! Not the hotel's fault obviously but another machine would have been nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We will see about another ice machine.
Ault, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I don't even know were to start ? This hotel is so gross and dirty ! We stayed on the 3rd floor and the view was the best part . You do get a nice view of the river . Other then that the rooms smell like animal pee , smoke , and our key to our room hardly ever worked . It was so noisy with barking dogs and people hanging out in the hallway at all times of the night . The hotel hot tub is so full of dirt and grim the ring of it was about 3 inches thick . We were in the pool area tell closing on a Sunday and on Monday morning when the kids wanted to go back before check out it still hadn't been cleaned or filled back up with enough water. Many couples that came in to use the hot tub would turn around and leave because it was so dirty. I read a review from February that only 1 side of the toaster works due to the handle being broken off . It is now July and it is still like that ! Will not ever be going back to this hotel !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lovet4travel
Tina L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff please accept our apology for your experience. Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention. The hotel is currently in the process of making several updates. I hope you will give us another chance and see our improvements. Again, we apologize.
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites because of a Groupon offer I came across. Having never been to the City of Glenwood Springs, I thought this would be the perfect time. The location is just a couple miles west of the hot springs pool with easy access off the interstate. My room was pet friendly, and the view was facing the River and Walkway...a very serene view. The room amenities were terrific. And the bed was so comfortable. Upon checking out, I commented that I would definitely ask for the same room on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a River Side room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice comments, I look forward to sharing them with the staff. Thank you for commenting on the beds, we have been in the process of several updates throughout the hotel. Please call us next time you come to town, we run promotions periodically. Thanks again.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was a drop-in and was able to negotiate a nice price for a King suite.

Pros:
The suite was huge, with a mini dining room, including counter, mini-sink, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. There was a small table and two chairs in the "dining area" in addition to the writing desk with chair and phone.
There was a spectacular view out the window of the river and mountains.
Everything was clean and well lit.
The window opened, and had a screen so you could get fresh air.
The breakfast was extensive and was one of the few places that had bananas!

Cons
My wife called me long distance and was hung up on twice by Chris at the front desk when he tried transfering. It would ring once in my room then when I answered there was nobody. I called to complain and finally when my wife called a third time, she heard Chris calling someone else to find out how to properly transfer a call so that you actually connect the caller to the room! Who knows what long distance charges we will have from having to call from Canada 3 times.
And to add insult to injury, the phone in my room also received a local radio station (The Edge), so I had issues hearing my wife while also listening to the radio announcer or music playing through the phone. Yeesh.

The television system was super complex and I could not figure out how to get it on. There were no instructions, and just pressing the "power" button or the "all on" button did not work. Very frustrating.
The bed was a tad too firm.
The tap (which was a few feet from the bed) dripped unless you really wrenched it closed.
The window screen was bent so that little bugs got in and were swarming the lamp.
One more oddity - the handle for the toilet was on the right side. I have never seen that before and reached to the left every time!

I would stay here again but would hope the phone issues were resolved.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Blue-J-traveller
We will tackle the telephone and television issues.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I wouldn't rave about this place, but it wasn't awful. Cleanliness was okay, not stellar. Staff was friendly. My biggest complaint was that we came back late, around 10:30 and there was no parking available! There were 3 other cars circling the lot too, so I wasn't alone. I ended up parking in the loading zone and asking the front desk where I should park. She said the hotel across the street was their "sister" and that I could legally park there. Well, I had already tried that and it was full. Then she said there was underground parking over there, so I went over and found a spot there. It was better than walking a mile I guess, but I don't really like being alone in underground parking at 10:30 at night, it felt less than safe. It was far from the pool, but near some restaurants. Over all, I might stay here again if every where else was booked, but it probably won't be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We will do our best to improve parking here.