Quality Inn & Suites On The River
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Glenwood Suites(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
1st Choice Inns(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Red Mountain Inn(Glenwood Springs)
Affordable Inns(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Hanging Lake Inn(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Courtyard by Marriot(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Courtyard Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Hotel Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsa river view roomdairy queenwafflestrain trackskitchen areaopened the windowpool and hot tubwould definitely stay here againhash brownsgreat roomhotel is locatedclean hoteldesk staffking bedthird floorhot springsmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We rarely stay at this hotel brand, but we took Choice Hotels up on their “2 Stays, earn a free night” offer during early October 2012. Our first stay was at the Clarion Inn in Grand Junction, CO for 2 nights, and then we went to the Quality Inn on the River in Glenwood Springs, CO for 1 night.

The Clarion was better for us - and I had expected a little more that I got at the Quality Inn, but it was still fine. I had booked a larger room with a separate sitting area, but after seeing our friends room with a King bed, I made a minor mistake. The King would have suited us fine, and at a lesser cost. I wanted a room large enough to store our bikes, and to watch the Broncos away game on TV. As it turned out, we were able to store the bikes in the underground parking garage at the Glenwoo Suites next door (owned by the same people) - but the room arrangement wasn't great for watching the TV as a group. The hotel needs a bigger TV in the public room for use on game day!

We enjoyed the reception at the Glenwood Suites, walking and biking the trail behind the hotel and next to the Colorado river, and biking in Glenwood Canyon during this visit to Glenwood Springs. We had a nice time here, but the hotel was average. I selpt well in their beds, which doesn't always happen.

Would I return to this hotel? Yes! It was fine. There are other hotels in Glenwood that I've enjoyed more over the years, though.

Room Tip: A regular King room is what I'd recommend.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Tina L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The River, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We appreciate your comments. I'm glad your experience was enjoyable. Choice hotels offers a wide variety of brands within their umbrella. The Clarion does have a slight difference in the amenity set, however, we are able to offer additional items such as the manager's reception with our Ascend Collection property directly across the street. You mentioned that was enjoyable and I will pass that on to the staff there as well. With property improvement plans always in the works, a larger lobby television may be in process as well. Thank you for your suggestions.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Steve was fantastic. He was there all the time we were there. I mean ALL the time, morning, afternoon, evening. Hotel is right on the river and next door to one of the rafting companies. Great river walk behind the hotel. Nice big room on "pet friendly" floor. Big deck on back of hotel fun to watch everyone on the river. Hotel had a nice pool and hot tub. Laundry facilities on site. Cocktail hour in the evening. Room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Your comments are well received. I look forward to sharing them with Steve and the entire staff. Steve is a leader at the desk and is always there for whatever a guest may need. Being pet friendly is a bonus at this property and with the river walk right out back I hope your four legged friend had a great time too. Please do join us again and watch for future specials.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were a bit apprehensive about staying here given some of the reviews, but it was the best so far on our trip round Colorado. Even better that the Marriott at Denver airport, comfort inns and wingate we have stayed in. Beautiful location on the colorado river, sun deck, nice pool, great friendly staff, and the best room we have had with its own kitchenette. On top of this, it was the cheapest so far. The only reason we havent given it excellent is the railway line the other side of the river, which is noisy when trains do run, but thats so infrequent - one or two a night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The River, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I respond with a sincere thank you for your complimentary statements. We have a staff that takes pride in the property and always try to ensure the best stay possible.

The train line is quite close being on the other side of the river directly on the back side of hotel. However, it is a draw for those train lovers out there that enjoy the sound of the rails. The windows are doubled in an effort to decrease the sound. Next time you come to town, just let us know you'd prefer a suite on the front of the hotel to decrease the sound a bit and we will happily accommodate you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chose this hotel as because it was at the half way mark. Is showing some age since the last time I have stayed but still has friendly employees and a nice breakfast. They do have an elevator which I thought was great with being on the 3rd floor.Also liked that they were pet friendly even thou I didn't have a pet with me. Nice water fountains outside -Will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the nice words. We are located in great spot midway to Grand Junction.

I have passed on your comments to the General Manager regarding the aging comment and he told me of plans for deep clean and some minor rennovation over the next several months. I hope you can come back and see what we have done on your way back through.

Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spent a long weekend here and was pleased. I'm always weary of what the room is gonna look like when we walk in, but I have to say it was probably one of the nicer rooms we've ever stayed in. The room was very clean and the carpet was too (I do the "sock" test) and they passed. The staff was very nice. It was like they knew we were walking in the door because they had all our info waiting and it took less than 5 min to check in. The only thing I would say was disappointing was the breakfast. Not much of a variety and the waffle iron was sticking so the line for that was not even worth it. I would stay there again, no doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family