“Great staff!! Pet friendly!! Will stay here again.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Mississippi
“Great staff!! Pet friendly!! Will stay here again.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Steve was fantastic. He was there all the time we were there. I mean ALL the time, morning, afternoon, evening. Hotel is right on the river and next door to one of the rafting companies. Great river walk behind the hotel. Nice big room on "pet friendly" floor. Big deck on back of hotel fun to watch everyone on the river. Hotel had a nice pool and hot tub. Laundry facilities on site. Cocktail hour in the evening. Room was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Your comments are well received. I look forward to sharing them with Steve and the entire staff. Steve is a leader at the desk and is always there for whatever a guest may need. Being pet friendly is a bonus at this property and with the river walk right out back I hope your four legged friend had a great time too. Please do join us again and watch for future specials.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Dunstable, Beds
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were a bit apprehensive about staying here given some of the reviews, but it was the best so far on our trip round Colorado. Even better that the Marriott at Denver airport, comfort inns and wingate we have stayed in. Beautiful location on the colorado river, sun deck, nice pool, great friendly staff, and the best room we have had with its own kitchenette. On top of this, it was the cheapest so far. The only reason we havent given it excellent is the railway line the other side of the river, which is noisy when trains do run, but thats so infrequent - one or two a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I respond with a sincere thank you for your complimentary statements. We have a staff that takes pride in the property and always try to ensure the best stay possible.

The train line is quite close being on the other side of the river directly on the back side of hotel. However, it is a draw for those train lovers out there that enjoy the sound of the rails. The windows are doubled in an effort to decrease the sound. Next time you come to town, just let us know you'd prefer a suite on the front of the hotel to decrease the sound a bit and we will happily accommodate you.
denver
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chose this hotel as because it was at the half way mark. Is showing some age since the last time I have stayed but still has friendly employees and a nice breakfast. They do have an elevator which I thought was great with being on the 3rd floor.Also liked that they were pet friendly even thou I didn't have a pet with me. Nice water fountains outside -Will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the nice words. We are located in great spot midway to Grand Junction.

I have passed on your comments to the General Manager regarding the aging comment and he told me of plans for deep clean and some minor rennovation over the next several months. I hope you can come back and see what we have done on your way back through.

Thanks again for staying with us!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spent a long weekend here and was pleased. I'm always weary of what the room is gonna look like when we walk in, but I have to say it was probably one of the nicer rooms we've ever stayed in. The room was very clean and the carpet was too (I do the "sock" test) and they passed. The staff was very nice. It was like they knew we were walking in the door because they had all our info waiting and it took less than 5 min to check in. The only thing I would say was disappointing was the breakfast. Not much of a variety and the waffle iron was sticking so the line for that was not even worth it. I would stay there again, no doubt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, CO
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for a quick getaway. While the hotel staff was nice and helpful our room was a below average for the price. While the decor was modern the recliner in the room was broken and the chairs (which were fabric) were stained. The sheets and towels were in good condition and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom, however, had ants and what looked like spiderwebs. I did not go in the pool (I sat on the side) my son said it was quite cold. I heard more than one guest complain about the hot tub not working as well. We also had to call the front desk about a chirping smoke detector which was going off every 2 minutes or so. It took them longer than I would have expected (in the middle of the day) to have it fixed therefore I walked to the lobby where it was handled immediately after the manager contacted maintenance for us. The Quality Inn does allow pets for a relatively low fee, and since my sister had her dog with her-we stayed here. It's important to note that her room smelled of cigarettes even though it was listed as non smoking. Perhaps that's why they allow pets because they put you in rooms formerly for smokers. We did enjoy the complimentary beverages, manager happy hour, breakfast, and courteous staff so I can't give the place a terrible review. We also had a great rate for our stay. Had I paid full price I would have been very disapointed. I've stayed at several other hotels in the area several of which were at a similar price point and prefer them based on the broken furniture, dirty (bugs) in the bathroom, smoky smell and disrepair (hot tub).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I were on vacation and stayed the night. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the pool was too dirty to swim in. We did like the closeness to Glenwood Caverns, which was awesome. I will not stay at a Quality Inn & Suites again. A positive is the staff was very nice and the view from our room was beautiful.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel is dirty and in disrepair. During our stay the pool and hot tub were so dirty we did not feel they were clean enough to use.

In room refrigerator didn't work and neither did the replacement.

No maintenance service for 3 days, so repairs and pool and hot tub cleanup were not possible.

Breakfast was okay but exactly the same every day.

Entire hotel carpeting is extremely dirty and needs to be replaced.

Generally, the whole hotel needs renovation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends