“A few issues but very nice staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for a quick getaway. While the hotel staff was nice and helpful our room was a below average for the price. While the decor was modern the recliner in the room was broken and the chairs (which were fabric) were stained. The sheets and towels were in good condition and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom, however, had ants and what looked like spiderwebs. I did not go in the pool (I sat on the side) my son said it was quite cold. I heard more than one guest complain about the hot tub not working as well. We also had to call the front desk about a chirping smoke detector which was going off every 2 minutes or so. It took them longer than I would have expected (in the middle of the day) to have it fixed therefore I walked to the lobby where it was handled immediately after the manager contacted maintenance for us. The Quality Inn does allow pets for a relatively low fee, and since my sister had her dog with her-we stayed here. It's important to note that her room smelled of cigarettes even though it was listed as non smoking. Perhaps that's why they allow pets because they put you in rooms formerly for smokers. We did enjoy the complimentary beverages, manager happy hour, breakfast, and courteous staff so I can't give the place a terrible review. We also had a great rate for our stay. Had I paid full price I would have been very disapointed. I've stayed at several other hotels in the area several of which were at a similar price point and prefer them based on the broken furniture, dirty (bugs) in the bathroom, smoky smell and disrepair (hot tub).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I were on vacation and stayed the night. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the pool was too dirty to swim in. We did like the closeness to Glenwood Caverns, which was awesome. I will not stay at a Quality Inn & Suites again. A positive is the staff was very nice and the view from our room was beautiful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel is dirty and in disrepair. During our stay the pool and hot tub were so dirty we did not feel they were clean enough to use.

In room refrigerator didn't work and neither did the replacement.

No maintenance service for 3 days, so repairs and pool and hot tub cleanup were not possible.

Breakfast was okay but exactly the same every day.

Entire hotel carpeting is extremely dirty and needs to be replaced.

Generally, the whole hotel needs renovation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I would agree with most of the reviews about this hotel, except for the parking problems. We did not see one this past weekend. There was more than enough parking available. It was in a pretty location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was so-so. The room was fairly clean, quiet and comfortable. I believe we were given a "smoking" room on the third floor due to having a small dog. I don't usually like to stay in smoking rooms as I am not a smoker. They were very pet friendly. Yes, we visited the Dairy Queen both nights we were there for an evening treat. The patio, river, walking path and train all added to the ambience and made for a beautiful setting for a weekend get away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staying here now and there are NO available spots in the lot. We asked the desk for suggestions ( since there's signs everywhere saying NO parking on street) were told to pull in real close to curb in the circle area where guests check-in. We asked if we'd get ticketed or anything said no.. but that he was concerned but guests getting through ( which I am too) but I was given other option or solution. Other than frustrating parking debacle. Large room. Tv with built in Dvd player is a plus. Nice kitchenette area with cupboard space microwave fridge and sink. Cute little back patio outside pool area that has a grill and overlooks the river. Comfortable beds. Pretty quiet. Probably would rate higher if we weren't so upset about the lack of parking and fend for yourself attitude about it by staff.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Pretty location. Pool nice. Breakfast so-so. Very small room to eat. Clean room. Near Dairy Queen for grabbing ice cream. Staff not really nice. Room key did not work because handle must be pushed up, not down. Maybe you could tell us that before we try.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel is right next to the river and has a deck you can relax on and enjoy the river and the mountain view on the other side. Hotel staff isvery helpful and the breakfast wasn't bad for a hotel. Pet friendly...so it was great to take our pet with us and not have it be a hassel. Will definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family