“Totally content with what I got” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Spruce Motel

Silver Spruce Motel
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Totally content with what I got”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I came up for a couple of nights and was totally satisfied, especially considering the price. The free breakfast (biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, make your own waffle, OJ, coffee) was much better than anything I've ever had at an Econolodge or other similarly priced hotels, where they usually just have donuts, coffee, and OJ. And for sure, the location was really convenient: walking distance to the pool and downtown. The staff were pretty friendly and the room was fine.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I recently visited Glenwood Springs area for business and was so happy to find the Silver Spruce. The location is great within walking distance to the hot springs. Each morning I had a wonderful breakfast that was free!! The rooms were comfortable and very clean and the murals in the front lobby are great. I understand that they were painted by two local artists. If you get the chance to travel to this area you should definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

This hotel is the most expensive one I have stayed at on my 1 month journey, and it has been the worst. After I realized that the tv didnt work, I thought, screw it, I'll take a bath. I noticed there were jets in the tub. I went to grab an ashtray, realized there were no ashtrays in the smoking room. I went to my car to get bubble bath....came back and realized..that not only did the jets not work, there was nothing to plug the water in the tub with. So I called the desk. A woman answered that didn't understand a lick of what I said. I repeatged to her, do you have a stopper for the tub? WHAT? IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A BATH MAME, JUST TAKE A BATH. Like I was the idiot. After she finally figured out I needed a stopper for the water in the tub, she told me there was a silver tab on the tub. There was no tab. It is amazing to me that not only was she unaware of the fact there was no plug in my room, she didn't know what a tub stopper was and acted like it was my fault. I gave up and went to bed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cristygristy

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

This place was awesome. Hotel attendant was extremely friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and nice for the price. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. What I'm trying to say is that this place was not the four seasons, however we were very impressed with our room (honeymoon suite) and the continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
COLORADO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Where do I begin. First the room was small, carpet was trashed, and the bed was uncomfortable. I sat down in the cigarette burned chair next to the cigarette burned table and the back fell out. There was no screws in the chair, as if someone made it look functional. The room was set off of the laundry room, which shouldn't have been a towel closet. There were roaches on the floor and the heater bearly worked and smelled like crap. Probally a dead rat inside. For some reason there was timer and a loud noise that keep on during the late hours of the night, which kept me awake all night. I would have watched the television but I was afraid to touch the remote. This place was something out of a nightmare or at least west texas. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE, DESPITE THE LOW FARE. AGAIN DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank DUDE11111111111111
colorado springs,co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

On tuesday sept 9,2008 i called directly to motel to reserve a room for wednesday night. the attendent said she put my name down. when we arrived wednesday night about 8:45 pm. we were told that she couldnt find any reservation but that she remembers talking to me the night before. we were told that all she had was one room left and that was a suite at a much higher rate. i asked if i could use the 10% coupon from the web page . i was told that she would have to charge a higher rate for that room and that it would cost me more with coupon. i was told to take it or leave it . unable to get room at other motels we took room . after reading other reviews it seems to be a common practice at this motel to charge more for rooms then what there advertised for. just the thought of how they ripp people off is no way of doing business. i will contact better business also. it seems like they been doing it so long that it doesnt matter to them.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — they treat you like they dont care for your business
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank mrpete57
Arvada, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

First, they bumped the published June weekday rate $15/night. When I asked why, they basically said we can charge whatever the traffic will bear.
Second, the TV remote was inoperative. Repeated requests to exchange or fix it went unaided.
Third, the room was a dump: the gasket on the fridge was dangling from the door, the bathroom doorknob was separated from the door, there were large gaps where the front of the bathtub met the walls, and there was no filter in the bathroom fan.
While the motel is conveniently located, modestly priced, and offers a spartan breakfast, I cannot recommend it to anyone. The place has seen better days, and the staff is not accomodating.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room condition, staff support
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple