1,003 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I am used to staying in the Westins/Marriotts/Hiltons of the world, so when compared to those, of course the Ramada Inn is a step down, but within its own hotel category I thnk it's a decent property.

The renovated rooms, well you can tell they tried, but of course it's still a ramada. The entry area of the new rooms have hardwood floors, and an updated sink and vanity. Curved shower rod in the bathroom, which is small but adequate. The TVs are still the old CRT televisions, but they get lots of channels.

There is free wifi, and honestly their wifi is better than what I usually have to pay for in the westins and marriotts of the world, honestly I'm blown away by the wifi here! Large minifridge and coffee maker in each room. The sleeping room hallways have an skylight shining down, and the natural light is a nice touch. Sleeping room walls are brick, giving the room a 70s feel, but still a decent room.

It's only a five-minute walk, max, over to the hot springs pool, so it's convenient to that attraction, and to downtown.

Staff is very friendly!

Breakfast is OK, what you would expect at a ramada.

There is a nice fireplace in the lobby, as well as a computer that is free to use, with free printer.

If I had to stay in Glenwood Springs again, and needed to stay at this price point again, I would be OK choosing the Ramada.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The room was clean & our doors opened both to the hotel & to the sidewalk for convenient for walking of our Dorkie.
Kevin was very good; the best. Colette was pleasant & conscientious.
The rooms smelled nice, had a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, hair dyer & nice smelling toiletries. The pool was very small. Our only complaint was the Karaoke bar had 3 unsupervised children (under age 10) around heavy alchohol use by drunken patrons who were performing lude acts. No only was it highly inappropriate, it was after 10:30 p.m. When I complained to Gretchen at the front desk she rudely shouted "it's not against the law". We have stayed at a lot of Ramada Inns. I am an attorney & the "Karaoke Bar" did not seem conducive to family values & seems to be a huge liability problem waiting to happen for Ramada.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank MarvinMadeline
Bruce B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at the Ramada. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the location. We have karaoke in our restaurant/bar area on Saturday nights for the enjoyment of our guests. Some people do bring their children with them to enjoy the music. After reevaluating our business on Saturday nights, we have decided to hire professional security to be protect the safety and well being of all. Thank you sharing your concerns. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel is VERY dated and had nasty ceiling in the bathroom. Has a bar in the basement that blares music until 2 in the morning on the weekends. At checkin, I specifically asked to not be placed facing the highway or to in a room that was noisy. We were put right over the bar and the "banquet" rooms, in which there was a raffle, auctioneering event being held with karoke in the bar. LOUD! The staff tried to be helpful, but all the other rooms were taken, so we couln't change rooms. The clientel of this hotel matches the decor. It is not worth the money unless you can be sure to get a room on the upper levels. Nice location to the hot springs though.

Room Tip: Make sure to get upper level rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are very sorry the karoke and auction event disturbed you and your family. We sincerely appologize for any inconvenience you suffered that night. Because of this incident we are reviewing our check-in procedures to make sure we are listening to our guests needs and concerns when they arrive. We want to be the best hotel we can be, and will work hard to make sure every guest is comfortable and happy. Thank you again for making us aware of your concerns.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had to ask to get the price quoted on the internet, but they did eventually honor the ad ($71) after a manager was consulted. Room was fine, a standard hotel room, clean and convenient to the hot springs pool. Checkout time was listed as 11:00 am, but about 9:00 a member of the cleaning staff knocked on our door (despite the "do not disturb" sign). When we answered, he was already walking away, and told us knocking had been "a mistake." When we asked if he worked at the hotel, he admitted that he did, and apologized for disturbing us. So we went to breakfast (not free, just $2 off the regular price, but omelets were fine and coffee was good) and got back to our room with an hour still left before checkout. We weren't allowed to enjoy it, though, because about 10:25 there was pounding on the door ("do not disturb" sign was still there) and the head of housekeeping was standing there demanding to know if we were going to be gone "today", and by 11:00. She wasn't especially nice about it, but did finally go away when we assured her we would be out by 11. I phoned the front desk, and all I got was a detailed explanation of how they organize the housekeeping, when what I would have liked was something like, "so sorry, please take a little extra time if you'd like before you check out, to make up for us disturbing you." I tried to give them a second chance to make it right when I checked out, and while there was no desk clerk, a manager or someone (he did not introduce himself) eventually came out of an office in the front of the hotel to speak with me. He also wanted to explain to me in detail how they set up the cleaning schedule, and when I told him that I was on vacation and not really interested in learning about the management of his hotel, he seemed to understand what I was saying, but immediately resumed his explanation of how they manage the housekeeping, as if what I'd just said to him was in no way relevant. He certainly did not say anything like, this was a rare incident, please give us another chance, here's a coupon for your next stay. No, both managers I spoke with just wanted to make me see how their system was necessary to housekeeping interrupting our privacy, as if a lecture about hotel management would add to our enjoyment of our little getaway. It didn't.

We've stayed at this Ramada before, traveling with children, and it's fine if you're planning to get up early and get out. But it's not the place to spend a leisurely morning, especially if you'd like a little privacy. And it's certainly not a place where management has a "make it right" attitude.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FeralTraveler

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at the Ramada. I am sorry your stay was not as relaxing as it should have been. I appoloigize for our early intrusion into your privacy. It is the policy of the hotel to not disturb guests with a "Do Not Disturb" sign. I am very sorry our staff member did not notice the sign until after you opened the door. The problem was compounded when yet another staff person knocked on your door and asked when you were checking out. I can understand your frustration when explaining the intrusion only to be given the housekeeping schedule. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The management of this hotel does care and we will do a better job of anticipating guests needs in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We got a price of $65 on Hotwire, which gave it 3 stars. I'm not sure what qualifies it for 3, but it was not in top shape. Certainly clean, but nothing makes it stand out from a normal motel. We enjoyed the hottub, and you can also access the Hot Springs Pool by walking. I would not have wanted to pay over $100, which is what it advertises online. Certainly you can get this price if you call, at least in winter.

Room Tip: We were near I-70 but it was perfectly quiet at night
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family