This high-end motel is conveniently located just uphill from the Glenwood Springs Pool, a five-minute walk, door-to-door. Parking is located to the rear of the lodge, with easy access to the rooms. Our room was nicely appointed, quiet, with a small balcony from which we had a view of trees and one end of the pool. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating and we slept very well. A minor note for those who enjoy fresh air: if you keep the windows open at night, wherever you might stay near downtown, trains pass through Glenwood Springs with regularity throughout the night.
Normally my husband and I would not spent $189/night for a motel, so this was a splurge, but well worth it! The price included pool passes and towels for the span of our visit, which equalized the cost relative to some other hotel options. Also included was daily breakfast at the poolside grill, which we did not use, but which would be a huge saver for families. For an extra $10pp/day one may use the Health Club located on the pool grounds. We did not, so I cannot comment on its quality.
Located next door to the town's historic hotel once frequented by 19th/20th century luminaries, Glenwood Lodge has all expected modern amenities and solid construction - without the creakiness of history that might afflict the more romantic option. However we found that grander hotel to be a magical place for afternoon and evening meals, which we enjoyed at their courtyard bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge completed a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of 2011, transforming 107 guestrooms into one of the top hotels in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enjoy the world's largest hot springs pool and Colorado's premier mineral springs resort. Guestroom rates include unlimited access to the hot springs pool and daily full hot breakfast. The lodge offers complimentary wi-fi internet access and secure gated parking. Our award winning Spa of the Rockies boasts a full service menu of facial and body treatments, massages, manicures and pedicures. The Poolside Grill, Athletic Club, and Sports Shop are additional amenities for our guests to enjoy. This history filled site was revered by the Ute Indians as a sacred place of healing. Today, guests from around the world visit Glenwood's favorite place for fun and healing! Come visit us at Colorado's premier mineral springs resort.This year, Glenwood Hot Springs celebrates 125 years! To mark this milestone occasion, the resort will be hosting a variety of events and activities throughout the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge Glenwood Springs Co
- Hot Springs Lodge And Pool
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Hotel And Pool
- Hot Springs Pool Glenwood