“Very dog friendly!”
Review of Hotel Denver

Hotel Denver
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed August 1, 2011

After camping for a week with our two kids and a dog, we stayed at the Hotel Denver. This was our first hotel stay with our dog and the front desk staff was so helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to accomodate us and our pet. Nice having air-conditioning after spending so much time in the heat. Great location, being connected to the brew pub. Great beer and atmosphere, not so great food. Easy to get to the hot springs and Rio Grande bike path.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 205, two queen beds, overlooking the river and Amtrak station. Very spacious. Amp...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jonmelbz
There are newer reviews for Hotel Denver

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Denver the evening after the Triple Bypass bike ride on July 9th. It really was lovely, well done all around. Staff were friendly, genuine, efficient. Our room (a "standard" room) was delightful. The view was quite good - out over the river and train station. My concerns about train noise proved unfounded - we did hear a couple of trains, but the noise wasn't a problem at all. I had passed through Glenwood Springs at times over the years and thought we'd want to stay at the Hotel Colorado there, but the reviews on this website warned against it, and we surely made the right choice. They have a really good touch at the Hotel Denver. The location was terrific, and the restaurants nearby recommended by the staff proved to be excellent.

When checking out I noticed a manager sort of guy at the desk (Sunday morning), and asked him if he was the manager whose name I'd seen on the literature, and he said yes. It fit - he was intelligent, friendly, efficient, and working away at the desk on a Sunday morning.

Lovely place, with some soul. You bet we'll go back if we get a chance.

Room Tip: We reviewed the choices, and the
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed in Glenwood for 2 nights at The Hotel Denver. I have stayed in Glenwood many times on business, but typically at the Holiday Inn, this was my first stay at Hotel Denver. We arrived, checked in and then went to park...which I would suggest dropping all your luggage first, b/c the lots are a little ways to park and carry everything...We went up to our room, it was the last room in the southwest corner, room 300 I think. It is one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in! The room felt like a dungeon. Just not what i expected at all, furthermore the bed was not all that comfy...

Since we were there for a wedding, that I was in, we were able to see many different rooms that our friends had...our room was not like any of the other rooms we saw...the other rooms had hard wood flooring and much nicer furniture and were way more spacious... we just had a standard room (king or queen bed)...if you stay here make sure you get one of the nicer suites I guess or a double room or something...b/c our dungeon was just not nice! I would have been much happier w/ a different room based on what I saw. We did have the brew package they were offering when we booked..so we have a $20 g/c for the brewpub and a day pass to the hot springs.

The brewpub is great! The beer is fantastic!

Definitely check out the Glenwood Hot Springs! Very nice and a quick walk over the hwy from hotel denver.

The best part of hotel denver is there location! They are walking distance to pretty much everything you might want to do while staying in GWS!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is, or was, a bit more expensive than all the rest but it was a true treat. From the very friendly and courteous front desk staff to the four poster bed this was a true treat. The location is excellent right downtown and within walking distance to everything. We were given complimentary towels to use at the pool, which is very romantic at night and were generally treated like royalty. The Hotel Denver blows away the old broken down hotel across the river which I have stayed at many, many times, I will definitely stay at The Hotel Denver again.

Room Tip: I requested a mountain view room and got it. You pay more for views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Denver for 3 nights as guests for a wedding. The hotel was built around the turn of the 20th century, so it has a lot of character. The rooms have antique beds and dressers, quilts, etc. It is not a Hilton, but we loved it. The air conditioning works great. The staff was friendly, helpful and broke their backs to help you. The brewpub that is attached has really good beer ( I brew my own), the food is okay, not great. There is a coin laundry in the basement, a salon and gift shop. There are suites available with a jacuzzi. The hotel is across the street from the restored (and still active) Amtrack station, perfectly situated where you want to be in Glenwood Springs. Rates are from $99-$199.We opted to make our own beds and get our own towels for their "green service". You get a $5 a day voucher for this at the Brewpub. We did it for fun.

Room Tip: The $99 rooms are above the Brewpub, so avoid them if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel while attending a business conference. Fortunate enough to have a view across the river, the room location was perfect. The room was very clean and offered any amenities I would need. I'm very selective about where I stay, and this hotel was perfect. Food in the BrewPub was great. An outstanding location, within walking distace to shops and other excellent restaurants. I would definitely recommend the Hotel Denver and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The rooms are great and very reasonably priced. The staff is very helpful. Very close to the hot springs. Free bottled water, coffee, granola bars all day long.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family