“Great, friendly, clean, place to stay in Glenwood Springs, CO”
Review of Hanging Lake Inn

Hanging Lake Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The American Hanging Lake Inn in Glenwwod Springs is a great place to stay. Th family that owns the hotel are very friendly and make you feel like a special welcome guest. The motel rooms are extremely clean and the beds are very comfortable. All the rooms face the Red Mountains and the location, a lttle out of the center of town, is very quite but close to all the attractions like the amusement park at the top of a nearby mountain and the Glenwood Hot Springs, which are open from 7 AM until 10 PM, where the water is up to 104 degrees. What a great place to relax or enjoy the surrounding area. Also, close to Vail. Plus the Rocky Mountain drive from Denver to get there takes you through some very beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the Red Mountains
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were traveling through Glenwood Springs on our way to Utah. My 84 year-old mother was also with us. We just happen to pick this motel to stay in and were very, very pleased with our choice. Very clean and comfortable rooms and bed. Mike was so friendly when we checked in and again in the morning when we discovered, after being on the road for l l/2 hours, that mom left her coat in the closet. I called back to the motel and Mike offered to mail it to us at no charge. How gracious is that?!!!
He's as kind as a family member. This motel is privately owned and because of that, they genuinely care about the sevice and the condition of their motel. I would recommend this motel to even the fussiest traveler. It was a wonderful experience and you can bet that we will be staying there the next time we travel through Colorado. Mike....you are the BEST !!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I can't speak for the accommodations. The inn keeper never answered the door even though the vacancy light was on and the billboard stated 24 hours. Don't expect to get a room here after 11 PM. The motel is located and advertised on the interstate, and we arrived at 1:30 AM.

Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank LinsChiz
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is by far the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in . Been on the road for 36 years and a comfortable bed is the most important thing for me. The beds are exceptional and linens very
clean. If your in Glenwood Springs, remember look into this motel the rooms Rival any 5 star
I have stayed in. Owners very helpful . I will be back this is my third time to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A friend and I made reservations for just one night on October 2, 2012. She had recommended the motel for its cleanliness and price. In that one night, we were very satisfied with the motel, sleeping soundly on the high and unusually comfortable beds. However, what stands out the most for me was the memory of the warm welcome and helpfulness of the proprietors. For instance, my friend had some difficulty with the ignition in her vehicle, and they were quick to help us get it started. Moreover, I absentmindedly left two tops I had just purchased in the closet when I left. And when I called, they not only located them, but offered to mail them free. I thought that kind of service was over the top.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom so you won't have to climb the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We made reservations in August of 2012 for one night, September 21, 2012. Using our AARP card for a dicount. When we arrived we received a room on the second floor, with no elevator.
Lifting a 25 lb. suitcase was NOT an easy chore up a long flite of steps. You would think that a manager would select a room on the first floor with someone who is using a AARP card. My husband and I are in our late sixties, and are NOT as adgil as we were.

The rooms were exceptionally clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a great room! Immaculately clean with linens of a quality you'd expect to find in a 5-star resort. For the money, you won't find a better place to stay in Glenwood Springs. Breakfast, however, is bare-bones minimal, and the breakfast room is slightly bigger than a good-sized closet. Still, with the money you're saving on a quality room, you can afford to eat out. I'd definitely go for it.

Room Tip: Room 219 probably offers the most privacy and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends