“GOOD CLEAN PLACE”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver, Colorado
“GOOD CLEAN PLACE”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here again last week, it was our third time in less thana year!The managers treated us great,easy checkin,we were there early but they gave us a room anyway,it is very clean,and upgraded.I don't tlike the cheap,nisy tiolet paper dispensers,they make way to much noise and its hard to get paper off it,this is the only thing I could think of negative.The breakfast is very limited but for the price it;s great also they don't add a whole lot of extrra taxes on the rooms. We were going to Buena Vista but they add as much as 30$ extra for taxes that are other,state .county,city! WE will go to Genwood instead!We will support this place!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mtnmncolo_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We received great service, all our questions were answered and all the recommendations were great. Our room was very clean and in this economy it is a great place to stay for a great price. In the morning we would go into the office and they had juice,coffee,Danishes and bagels to choose from.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 913MoniaD
colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Ok, so I can be a little bit of a germaphobe in hotel rooms. I was a little bit scared to stay at this hotel/motel, but truly, overall reviewers were right. The rooms were so clean. Because the hotel property used to be smoker-friendly, our clothes did smell pretty heavily of smoke when we left, and it was hard for my allergy baby to sleep (made her stuffy). We appreciated the microwave, clean shower, and clean, white bed linens. Breakfast was pretty good, and despite reviews of unfriendly staff, we were greeted with smiles and pleasant attitudes. I didn't mind the sound of the wall unit heater at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a two bed room if you need it. We did priceline and were given a room with onl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is a case of getting what you pay for.

We requested a triple share room. The foldup bed was there, but there was no space to open up the bed, so I slept on the couch instead and shoved the bed away. Being a short person, it was sufficient. But an average American would not be happy sleeping on it.

The room was clean though, very clean.

As for service, you won't get the best. There is a grandson (maybe 2 years old) who likes to run around pants-less, the mother who is clearly from some European country and the daughter who runs the place whom I never saw. And they converse quite roughly in their mother tongue. You'd think they hate each other, but it's really just a cultural difference.

There is a small kitchenette in the room. Quite well thought out. It has a proper sink, drying area, microwave, cupboards.

The breakfast room is tiny and clearly inadequate, frequently out of food and juice. It's better to take your food and eat it at the small table and chair outside your room door. The view is better from there too.

All in all, it was one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed in. Run with a kind of utilitarian Ukrainian/Croatian efficiency. So, despite the shortcomings, the lack of bedside manner, so to speak, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 27, 2011

great indoor heating system except for the noise. had to turn it to get a good sleep. easy to find and with clean sheets. you cannot ask more for this price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Denver
Reviewed November 10, 2011

A friend stayed at this inexpensive motel a few years ago and just raved about it. I am a woman who was traveling alone over Halloween weekend. When I called to place my reservation, I asked if someone would be at the motel when I arrived late. The person I placed the reservation with said there definitely would be. Wrong! I arrived at 1030pm to find my key and receipt taped to the manager's door! That isn't safe!! I used my key for the room reserved only to find that someone else was in there!!! They pushed back on the door (thank God!) and motioned out the window that the room was obviously occupied. People get beat up or shot for intruding on a room in the middle of the night! I called the after hours number three times and no one answered. I wound up staying at The Hampton Inn down the street. Wonderful service and plenty of empathy for what happened to me. The next day, I stopped in and spoke with the girl at the front desk. She took a copy of the receipt for my more expensive hotel, as I said that the owner could make things right by refunding me the price of the alternate hotel. No luck. I've called several times and the woman who answers the phone, who claims to be the owner's mother, keeps giving me a different story every time I call. The owner has my telephone number and information and will call me back on Monday... By Friday the following week, still no returned phone call... The owner had a family emergency... The owner was in Mexico... The owner is in Illinois until Monday... The owner is in Illinois and unreachable by phone until Thanksgiving... DON'T STAY HERE. The front desk girl looked like she had had a hard night of partying when I dropped in the day after I had no place to stay. She said they "had a new girl running the motel that night" and still couldn't figure out who they put in my room. Spend a little more dough and stay somewhere down the road. They've obviously dropped the ball and have allowed me to leave this review (owner's mom agreed) RATHER THAN refund me another $60 for a very scary experience on top of a huge inconvenience. Ick.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
13 Thank ZenTravelerTales
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed October 28, 2011

1/We arrived october 26th around 3 pm. At the front desk the woman just has asked us without any smile 'do you want something?'! We got the key but no other detail concerning the wifi the breakfast (location hours) check out ?
2/ We went back to the front desk to ask for an additional blanket. She told us(without any smile again) that she will see. When we asked when I may expect the blanket she answered '15 minutes'.
3/ 30 minutes later no blanket no wifi thus I went back to the desk. We told her that we think that she forgot to give us the information about breakfast and wifi. For the breakfast she gave us some examples of what material we should find (i.e. waffles) but again forgot to tell us the schedule so that I had to specify 'yes but when'?. Afterwards I asked 'what about the wifi?' and she answered 'yes we have!'. But did not give any more specific information so that we had to insist telling specifically 'could you give us the password please?'.
You won't believe it she asked us 'do you really want it?'!!! Each information was so difficult to obtain!!
By the way the blanket was still not there.
4/ Next morning is the crux! As you see in the joint file our reservation includes breakfast. The breakfast time should run from 7 to 9 am. So we went to the office at 8:15 am. The office was closed! Nobody was at the front desk. We knocked long time at the door we couldn't believe it!
We checked the whole building just in case it would have been in another room but nothing.
Afterwards I rang the bell during 2 minutes. Finally the same woman as the previous day came out: she was dressed in pajamas hair not coiffed and she opened the door yawning telling 'what do you want?'!!!!!!
Of course no breakfast was ready! We had to do the coffee by ourselves. By the way no juice was available no bread?. Only dry stale waffles and jam hard as a rock so that you could break your teeth.
Finally she called someone by phone. When she came back she told us that she will give us a refund. 15minutes later she came back again telling us that there will be finally no refund. All this time we don't see her manager whereas we asked for it.

Thus as a conclusion we have never seen such unacceptable bad service such unfriendly non-professional non-efficient person in a hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple