“Worst Experience - Bait and Switch to the Max”
Review of Caravan Inn

Caravan Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Colorado Springs
“Worst Experience - Bait and Switch to the Max”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Went directly through Caravan Inn's website to book 3 rooms for my family and two other couples for 2 nights. Received the confirmations and took the nearly 4 hour trip, only to arrive and be told the rates for our reservations/confirmations would not be honored. The Manager admitted that the problem was theirs and that their system had had some kind of glitch but that we would have to pay double what we had confirmed for the 3 rooms. Had the printouts of our confirmations with the rate for the entire 2 night stay and yet the Manager maintained that even though our paperwork stated one thing (from their site) that we would be charged double.
Can't imagine how a hotel can remain in business with such terrible customer service. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you want to pay double when you arrive. Hundreds of hotel stays and this is a clear winner of worst experience ever. Shame on you Caravan Inn!!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Randy_and_Teresa
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. I am sincerely sorry that you felt tricked. It is not our intention to ever deceive our customer. Our records indicate that your reservation was made on the internet by a 3rd party website but clearly you are certain that it was made on our website. My front desk agent failed to retrieve your resevation documents so I have not been able to properly resolve this discrepancy. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to get a better understanding in hopes to prevent future discrecpancies but most of all I would like to express my sincerest apologies personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Really not a bad place. Its an older motel, that could use up dating, my room was nice, huge bathroom and vanity. Like mentioned above probably best suited for people working in the area. Pets welcome, but you have to walk down the block for a potty spot.

• Stayed February 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had a nice stay at The Caravan Inn.They had a good breakfast.The motel is a little old.Rooms could use a makeover.The front desk was very helpful, and efficient.
Its a little far from town, and the hot springs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The pricing is very decent! My boyfriend and I went up for a weekend to the hot pools and we are on a very tight budget, the hotel was a typical hotel room (bed, tv, phone, bathroom, etc.) We were able to get a good night sleep with no distractions, the room was perfect for the two of us, plenty of space. I was not expecting a night at the Hilton becuase that is not what we looked into, Caravan Inn was a pleasant hotel that I would recommend staying in while in Glenwood Springs - it was not too old so the rooms were not falling apart. We brought our own food so we weren't spending as much money however we did eat their breakfast and yes it was a bit on the cheap side but it provides enough food for you to eat and then get on with your travels and again we were not at a hilton so a 5 course meal was not on the menu. The hotel staff was amazingly nice!! We had never had such great customer service, this woman who was the hotel assistant the whole weekend was so great and helpful and nice, she definitely made our trip worthwhile! The staff was very informative and knew what they were talking about and were able to accomodate our needs without a sweat!! It was a great beautiful weekend and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For heat you just want to use the thermostat, the venting system is just for A/C.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is a decent cheap option but not the best place I've stayed. We got off to an iffy start when there were some sketchy characters wandering around the parking lot, and we found someone's leftover KFC in the mini-fridge. The room was also old-looking. But it was clean, good-sized and relatively comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was decent (they even kept it open for us when we arrived a little late). I don't think I'd want to make an extended stay there, but it was fine as an overnight stop. Not really walkable to downtown but it's a short drive and there are supermarkets and a park nearby.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to stay on the first floor with all the sketchy people around.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that your stay was clean & comfortable with the exception of someone's leftovers in the mini fridge which is not acceptable and has been discussed with my staff. I do believe that you may have been referring to the construction workers who are working on Valley View Hospital's new Cancer Center. In any case, we do monitor our property to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you on your next trip to Glenwood.

Barbara Hille
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Non-smoking room smelled like mold and stale cigarettes. Dead decomposing insect in smelly towels. A/C filter filthy. Black greasy fingerprints everywhere. Cheap breakfast. Beautiful town. Stay in a nicer place.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank S F
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry your stay with us was not to standard. We take pride in our property as you can see from the majority of our tripadvisor reviews but in your case we failed. I'm very sorry and grateful for your feedback. It allows us to correct and prevent the housekeeping issue. Again, thank you.
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at the Caravan Inn while my son was hospitalized in Glenwood Springs. I needed to have our dog with me, and the Caravan was more than accommodating. I had a room with a parking spot right next to the door, which is fantastic when traveling with a pet. I understand their pet rooms are limited, so it is probably wise to book in advance if you have a pet with you. The room was comfortable and very clean. It is a motel, and thus has a "motel feel," but not in a bad way. With the high prices in the mountains, this is an excellent value. The property is clearly well-maintained, and the staff friendly. I got the sense it is a family-run property. They go above and beyond what you find at a chain motel. Even the breakfast in the morning had a little "extra." I can see myself becoming a 'frequent flyer' here while my son recuperates.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the back with their own parking spots.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo