We were driving through the Rockies on a top-down, convertible trip and drove into Glenwood Springs having little idea of what our motel actually would be like. Website photos don't always provide a reliable assessment of a property. However, we were very pleasantly surprised by both this motel's excellent location and its lovely setting. The desk clerk was quite courteous even though she was dealing with a difficult computer system.
We had reserved a spa room with fireplace and were pleased to find the room cozy and comfortable with the largest gas fireplace we've ever seen in a hotel room. The over-sized, mirror-surrounded tub was a welcome site to two weary travelers. For those of you who don't know, driving all day in an open convertible leaves you feeling much like spending all day on an open boat: physically wrung out.
However, there were some irritations which could be easily remedied by management. First, the gas fireplace, while charming and comforting, has only an on/off setting and "on" is "full on" with a huge blaze that must be turned off frequently to keep the room from overheating. This puts a large dent in the room's ambiance. Second, the large tub has no access/safety bars and is quite difficult to get into and out of, especially when all surfaces are wet. There's a slip and fall lawsuit waiting to happen. Lastly, the closest ice machine to our room was a hefty walk all the way around the pool and spa area involving multiple stairways. I'd hate to make that walk in inclement weather. Surely a closer ice machine is not beyond their budget.
Overall, a lovely place needing some attention to details...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Antlers is situated on five acres at the mouth of the Roaring Fork Valley in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Located across the street from the Iron Mountain Tramway, the only entrance to the popular Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, this hotel property is the largest by land size in Glenwood Springs. Spacious 5 building, 2 story hotel is blocks from the world's largest outdoor mineral pool, the Glenwood Hot Springs, and the historic Yampa Spa & Vapor Caves. These century old natural wonders are just a few of the historic attractions that makes this a year round Colorado destination. Our downtown location at the convergence of the world famous Colorado River with the Roaring Fork River surrounds our unique community with world class recreation, hunting, and fishing opportunities. Our central Rocky Mountain location also means we are surrounded by popular resorts like Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Snowmass, Vail, Beaver Creek and Sunlight Mountain all accessible in less then 1 hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Groupon, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Antlers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Antlers Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Best Western Hotel Antlers
- Best Western Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Best Western