“New Orleans in Glenwood Springs”
Review of The Lost Cajun

The Lost Cajun
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Lost Cajun GWS is a family restaurant where you can bring your kids & have a great time! Your KIDS can draw all over the floor while YOU can enjoy your meal...... We serve an assortment of gumbos, seafood & Louisiana Abita beer.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great little restaurant in Glenwood Springs. We stopped in for late lunch and a couple of beers. Abata beer imported from LA. They provided a sampler platter as soon as we sat down. I had the Red Beans and Rice and my wife had the Lobster bisque. Both were at the table before the tops were off the beer bottles and both were very good. Planning on stopping back in the morning for the powered donuts, beignets you know. Tucked down under the overpass but worth the effort to find them.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to our family by our river raft guide. We had 3 young children with us so did not want a quiet, formal meal. The grandkids loved the music and the Mardi Gras beads. The samples were a hit and really helped us decide on what to order. The hush puppies were some of the best we have ever had. The server was very attentive, checking back frequently. The food was served quickly, was hot and tasted great! Wonderful find!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

4 of us dined here for a light lunch. I had the étouffée and the others opted for the bisque. Every one was very happy with their meal. The server was very friendly and good.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

A relaxed atmosphere with a very casual vibe. Fine dining it is not, but affordable and decent if you are looking for fried food. Worth a try!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've been to the Lost Cajun twice. Once when it first opened and once in July. The first time it was great! We had attentive service and a really awesome waitress. So of course we would go back.

When we went back however, it was not even close to as good. While the food is really great,(which is why I gave this an 'average' instead of a 'poor') the service was awful. Our waitress forgot to bring a beverage after I had asked. She had also forgotten to bring my partners gumbo. So my gumbo was brought out but not his.. When he then reminded her he wanted gumbo- she brought his out, but hurried off mid-sentence when I was trying to remind her of my beverage. Seldom was checked on.

However, another waitress was very nice and apologized for the other, she ended up bringing me my beverage in the end.

All in all, I would go because the food is great. Be wary of the waitstaff though.