“Definitely a best buy”
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very friendly staff. Above average motel breakfast
Large rooms, clean, comfortable but nothing much to make you remember the stay
Similar to upscale travel motels for considerably less cost
Was around a hundred dollars instead of the 150 that I had originally booked at my favorite well known chain
Just off the interstate for pretty easy access

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tmahmann

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Great value here. We had a room with two queen beds and a set of bunk beds for the kids. There was a wall between so the kids could watch their tv and adults could watch theirs. Breakfast was good but weird as it's set up in two different rooms. Just keep walking around the corner and you will find it. Late checkout of noon is nice. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to get the 2 bedroom suite for a reasonable rate. Rooms are clean and the property is well maintained. The included breakfast (both hot and cold) was very good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank David G
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are a family of 5 and our room was great. We put the rollaway next to the bunk beds and the kids were thrilled with their own beds and TV. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Ray was especially helpful in helping us find a good place to eat around town. The breakfast was average. They offer both hot and cold items. The hot items include eggs, hash browns, sausage, pancakes, waffles, and biscuits with gravy. We used the pool across the street it was small but the kids had a great time. My husband went fishing just across the street, he caught about 6 fish, mostly trout. We were on the bottom level, I think if we go back I will ask for a room upstairs so we can have a balcony.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Glenwood Suites hotel is nothing fancy but a good hotel. The staff was nice and helpful. Complementary breakfast was pretty decent. They even had a fun pancake machine! Everything was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Convenient location, fabulous hot breakfast, hotel is in excellent condition and includes access to the pool and hot tub at the adjacent hotel. Ray at the front desk was very helpful with info on the local area. We liked this place so much we extended our stay an additional night, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I had planned on going to our 16th wedding anniversary to Glenwood Springs on a 2 night stay at Glenwood Suites on June 25-27th, but our 2 kids became sick and we ended up taking our kids with us. I called 24 hours prior to our check in to request a pull out sofa and spoke with Chad (MOD). Chad had a "I don't give a damn" attitude and his customer service was totally inappropriate.

I contacted the Choice Hotel guest relations service member and complained about the situation all for a request for a pull out sofa! Never got a call back or email from the general manager (Sian/Sean). I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't be a problem b/c we did not want to have to address this issue when we got there b/c our drive was about 4.5 hours away. We go on multiple family and couples getaway throughout the year and mostly stay at Hilton hotels. I have never experienced an issue with any hotels I have stayed r/t this experience.

But, when we arrived the day of check in...Ray (MOD) was very polite and even offered us with king size bed with a separate room for the kids with their own bunk beds. I have to say that Ray made our day! Otherwise, we had a memorable time in GW Springs. We had a great time at the GW Adventure Park with the kids and a great anniversary dinner at Juicy Lucy (BEST STEAKS EVER!). Also, the hotel was very clean, breakfast was great, and we got to use the pool across the street (pool was COLD).

My only advice working in customer service is...please train your staff about their phone mannerisms, voice inflection, and overall customer service. I was upset mostly by Chad's comment "If everyone called for a pull out sofa, then there wouldn't be any sofas left for our guests". I called on a Tuesday! a weekday! not even a holiday! I gave 24 hours notice! By the way, I'm not asking for a promise...all he had to say was, "we will try our best". That's it! I would've been able to call that morning prior to driving 4.5 hours away to make sure my kids had a place to sleep in. All this for a pullout sofa (Lol)!.

Room Tip: full hot breakfast is provided...very good for the value.