All reviews adventure park free pizza front desk basketball hoop great family hotel small slide indoor pool hot springs waffles discount tickets big hit great pool alpine slide hotel pool breakfast room bunk beds king suite
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My mother put my boyfriend and I up at the hotel over Christmas when she had too many guests and too few beds. It was just supposed to be a place to crash and I was was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was immensely friendly. They had pet rooms and a board announcing which pets were visiting by name. The room was much bigger than I expected, with a super comfy bed. A small but great touch was real conditioner among the provided toiletries. So many mid-priced hotels do just the shampoo.

I loved the pool area- it didn't have that overwhelming chlorine smell that many indoor pools have. The hottub was hot and I rode the (surprisingly fast!) water slide about ten times.

Hotel is an easy walk to the main drag, and even closer to Tequilas, the best Mexican food in town. I will certainly recommend that friends visiting Glenwood stay at the Hotel Glenwood Springs!

Room tip: Careful if you leave your curtains open because the tram goes right past :)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel meets everything you want in a hotel. Super helpful and friendly staff, very clean, good cleaning service, good location. Everything was top notch but one star is missing for the pool. The slide is great, but the pictures of the pool area on the website are deceiving. There is NO deep end. The deepest point is 3'6" so even our 6 year old got bored fast. The hot tub is large and very hot so that is nice. If you are visiting the caverns it is convenient too because the caverns gondola leaves from the Hotel property.
One thing that struck me on this hotel is that the lobby is so inviting and cozy that people use it all the time. We sat by the fire eating pizza and playing board games for quite a while.

I would definitely stay here again, in fact it would be my first choice.

Room tip: We faced the parking lot but the hotel is built very solid so heard nothing. The only issue was the exterior illumination point right at the window so with the blinds closed it is not as dark as I prefer.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived on Christmas for an overnight stay and the young woman was so pleasant- she didn't fuss about working on a holiday, she gave us great guidelines for the hot springs, recommended a really decent sports bar for dinner and the next morning the team of people working couldn't have been more helpful and nice. Boy, it sure is good to have people care about customer service!!! Haven't seen that in too many places recently. Thankyou- we will be back!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been pleased. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating and let us check in three hours early. Every time we have stayed our rooms have been immaculately clean. The pool with waterside is great for kids. They also sell discount tickets for the hot springs and Glenwood caverns adventure park and I think skiing also.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast included with the room. Pool caters to small children but our 10 yr old liked the slide & basketball. Decent hot tub for the adults. Free pizza & game on the third night. Hotel is right next to the adventure park. You can walk next door to & ride the gondola up the mountain. Get the fun day pass for unlimited alpine coaster. Laser tag is kind of lame as the venue is tiny.