“Great place for families!”

Hotel Glenwood Springs
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a nice and clean hotel with very friendly staff. Everyone was very helpful. Property is nice. Location is great. Next to Adventure Park which is wonderful! Room I stayed in needs some updating -but everything in good shape and clean! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The family spent two nights here and really enjoyed our stay. The staff is incredible going out of their way to answer questions, get you situated, and take care of you! The lobby and public common spaces are kept clean and are well maintained. Our room was a pretty standard 2 queen room having plenty of space, being well maintained and clean. The pool area is fabulous and our kids loved it. The slide and water fountain made it one of the highlights of the trip. The pool area is indoors, so no weather or sun worries. It is clean and well kept. They also provide you with towels for drying! They have a standard continental breakfast that most hotels are doing these days, which works out great for the kids and will help the adults to get going in the morning. My only complaint and its not much, is that the breakfast room can get a bit cramped. Do you plan on visiting Glenwood Caverns and Adventure Park? Well this is the place to stay. The gondola is located right next store, maybe fifty steps...doesn't get better than that. They also have discounted day passes at the hotel. We highly recommend the hotel and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My teenage girls had a great time! The rooms were very comfortable and the house staff were extemely friendly and accomidating when we needed extra towels, etc. Fron desk staff was very friendly and helpful and always treated my girls like adults!

Hotel was located by everything and it was a quick walk or drive if you wanted to go out and look around! They enjoyed the pool and hot tub and even played basketball!

Would stay here again and for the price, you couldn't get a much better deal as it included the pool passes to the hot springs!

Room Tip: book in advance for the best deals and take advantage of their specials packages!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just for use of the pool and access to the caverns....My mom and I met here to spoil the heck out of Kai (my 3 year old) We had so much fun, spent the day at the caverns then the night at the pool. Kai loved the slides, the waterfall, he was like a kid in a candy store the entire time.

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and simple. It would not be what I would call a 5 star room, but the hotel amenities are a real treat and I am certain we will come and stay atleast 1x per year...just for kiddos. The best time I have had in a long time :) Fun for all.

Room Tip: We stayed in 217, it was at the end of hall and mountain side, so it was quiet and I suggest that. T...
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived early at around 1:30pm, they said room isn't ready give us your phone number and we will call you as soon as it's ready. I thought, well we won't hear from them until after the usual check-in time of 4pm. I was wrong, they called within 30 min, and gave us a bit larger room because it was cleaned first. Amazing. They then gave me reduced rate on the Tram ride and also the Adventure park!! It was just a small way to the Glenwood hot springs pool. The room was neat and very clean, lots of extra towels and space. We had a couch, desk, and also an area for our food for the next 2 days, with micro/fridge and it was great. Very nice front desk girls, all of them. Breakfast was wonderful, belguim waffles, eggs/yogurt, fruit 3 varieties, bagels, donuts, juice, coffee, everything was wonderful. Nice lodge like atmosphere, and the indoor pool with slide was a bonus for my teenage girls who spent lots of time in the pool there. We would come again, it was one of the highlights of our vacation. I did not rate the restaurant because I only seen the breakfast room and it was self service. I don't think they had a restaurant. They do have a business room that you can use their computer/printer and it was perfect for what I needed to do.

Room Tip: We always prefer the top floors for the best views and we had a great mountain view on the 4th floor...
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is amazing! Very good rates especially when one considers the amazing indoor pool and Giant hot tub. The front desk clerk I had was incredibly helpful. Whatever we needed she helped went above and beyond. There is an area for little kids with a slide. For the big kids there is a giant slide plus basketball net. For the adults there is a great hot tub while you kids wear themselves out! Cannot say enough about the area, hotel and staff.

The room was comfy and large. No issues with the AC/Heater. Also they have a nice little gym downstairs that allows one to get a decent work out in while traveling. Treadmill is a bit old but gets the job done. Breakfast in the AM was nice as well complete with waffle maker and all the standard continental breakfast items. Only thing I would add, and this goes for just about every hotel I have stayed at, is the coffee. Nothing horrible here but on this trip I stayed at two hotels that went ahead and had some amazing coffee. Not sure how much extra it is but it would make a big difference. If I am every even remotely close to this city again I will be going out of my way to stop here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel was great for the kiddos! They LOVED the pool and slide!!!! Guest services was top notch! We asked their input for dinner suggestions each night we were there and enjoyed every suggestion.
The rooms were ok, could use an update but they were fine for sleeping. Also microwave in the rooms would be nice. since the breakfast was not more than bagels, toast, and waffles we went out for breakfast at the village inn down the street. Overall we would stay here again just for the friendly people and pool for the kids.

• Stayed: July 2013