“Big Surprise for the Kids. Water Slides! Pool Basketball!”

Hotel Glenwood Springs
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is amazing! Very good rates especially when one considers the amazing indoor pool and Giant hot tub. The front desk clerk I had was incredibly helpful. Whatever we needed she helped went above and beyond. There is an area for little kids with a slide. For the big kids there is a giant slide plus basketball net. For the adults there is a great hot tub while you kids wear themselves out! Cannot say enough about the area, hotel and staff.

The room was comfy and large. No issues with the AC/Heater. Also they have a nice little gym downstairs that allows one to get a decent work out in while traveling. Treadmill is a bit old but gets the job done. Breakfast in the AM was nice as well complete with waffle maker and all the standard continental breakfast items. Only thing I would add, and this goes for just about every hotel I have stayed at, is the coffee. Nothing horrible here but on this trip I stayed at two hotels that went ahead and had some amazing coffee. Not sure how much extra it is but it would make a big difference. If I am every even remotely close to this city again I will be going out of my way to stop here again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel was great for the kiddos! They LOVED the pool and slide!!!! Guest services was top notch! We asked their input for dinner suggestions each night we were there and enjoyed every suggestion.
The rooms were ok, could use an update but they were fine for sleeping. Also microwave in the rooms would be nice. since the breakfast was not more than bagels, toast, and waffles we went out for breakfast at the village inn down the street. Overall we would stay here again just for the friendly people and pool for the kids.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were in Glenwood Springs on family vacation. We stayed in the hotel for 5 days. We had a great experience. The front desk staff were some of the nicest people I have ever encountered while traveling and they were very accomodating. We had a great trip and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with the kitchenette wre very spacious and quiet.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the best hotels for families anywhere we've traveled! We loved that they offered pet friendly rooms too. The indoor water park & pool area is awesome for kids of all ages. The breakfast service is top notch and always plentiful no matter what time you went; as well as plenty of room to sit. The front desk staff was so very friendly.

The location is great. It is located in same parking lot as the gondola lifts to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, a short walk to the river and Two Rivers Park, and maybe a couple of miles to downtown Glenwood Springs and the hot springs. I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there anytime we visit the Glenwood Springs area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I don't know what I was thinking when I selected this hotel for my husband and me. I must have missed some key reviews here. Anyway, the place is not bad, it just was not a good fit for middle-aged empty nesters. Hotel Glenwood is best for families with young children and/or dogs. Don't get me wrong, we like children and dogs ... just not THAT many, all at once. The location is good - the hot springs is pretty close, you could probably walk. It's right across I-70 from Two Rivers Park. If you continue past that area on Devereux Rd, you will eventually get to the newer commercial/retail development in southwest Glenwood (Starbuck's, Chili's and DQ, among other things) without having to get on I-70 or weave through streets on the south side of the highway. The hotel shares space and parking with the tram that goes to the Adventure Park up on the hill. The lobby was lovely, and the desk staff was friendly and helpful. It was ok to keep our bikes in our room. There is quite an elaborate indoor pool that looks like great fun for kids. (Lots of screaming kids.) The hotel allows dogs. (Lots of barking dogs.) Basically, we felt like we were staying at a playground. (-: Our room in the basement was spacious, but it had 0% charm. The exposed bed frame gave it kind of a shabby look, although the quality of the furnishings and linens was ok. Lighting was not adequate, just not enough lamps for this big space. The one window had an eye-level view of I-70, a car dealership and a small grassy area used frequently by people taking their dogs out to potty. We kept the drapes closed, which made our room feel like a cave. We did not ask for but were assigned an ADA room. The shower stall was very tight, with the fold-up shower seat taking up a lot of room. The handheld shower spray was practically useless when attached to slide bar. Limited sink counter space. The bed was ok. We didn't bother to ask for a room change because we were there only 2 nights. The complementary breakfast was so-so: fruit = only apples; no individual containers of milk but several small yogurt choices; bulk cold cereal; bagels, toast, etc. Many unsupervised children making astonishing food quantity choices. We opted to eat breakfast elsewhere the 2nd morning. If you are willing to skip house-keeping services, you get a coupon to use at Glenwood Canyon Brewery, which is owned by the same person/company who owns (at least) this hotel, the Adventure Park and the Hotel Denver.

Room Tip: Avoid "garden" (basement) rooms; avoid ADA rooms unless needed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ABbcsb
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Hotel Glenwood Springs. We are very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations.
I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. I will look into how we can improve on the room items mentioned.
We do mostly have families stay at our hotel but, we do pride ourselves on ensuring each and every guests satisfaction.
We will be sure to keep a better eye out in the future for any disruptive behavior from any younger travelers and/or pets.
I apologize for your unsatisfactory experience, we will try and resolve the issues that you have brought to our attention.

Jessica Fenlon
Assistant General Manager
Hotel Glenwood Springs

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Large rooms, lots of space, friendly service.... The kids loved the slide and the pool. Breakfast could some protein outside of hard broiled eggs - little bacon goes a long ways! The rooms need updating,but overall nice place to stay!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in April and thought it was a very pleasant hotel. the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were decent and about what was expected. We had bikes and they allowed them in the rooms so we didn't worry about low life thieves stealing them.

• Stayed: April 2013