My wife and I have stayed several times at this hotel back when it was AmericInn. It was our first time back since it became Hotel Glenwood Springs. I actually think it's gotten better now that it is privately owned and not corporate(ly) owned.
This time we brought both our boys. We got ourselves a 1-bedroom jacuzzi suite with kitchenette on the 4th floor, northeast side, at a very reasonable AAA rate even for a holiday weekend. It also helps to book several months in advance. All features worked very well and the kitchenette suite is one of a few of its kind in the building with a medium size fridge and freezer, toaster oven, and microwave. Otherwise, the larger suites have just a mini-fridge and microwave. With all our stays here, this was the best room we've had so far.
Our 4 year old loved the pool (especially playing basketball). The water was a great temperature (not too cold, but definitely not bath-water) and even my wife and I had fun on the large slide. I recommend getting to the pool in the mid-afternoon as it gets very crowded in the late-afternoon early evening. Their swimming pool is very popular. We went around 1-2:00 and pretty much had the place to ourselves.
Reason why I say this place is a great hotel for couples is because numerous suites have in-room whirlpools...really mini-hot tubs. While two people can barely fit in, they do make for some romantic times. These are really well worth the extra costs.
The location is slightly off the beaten path when it comes to getting to downtown or the famous Hot Springs. But they are both an easy walk away. However, if you plan on going to the Adventure Park, not only can you get discount all-day passes, you don't even have to get back in your car as the tram is literally right next to the building. Because HGS shares the parking lot with the tram for the Adventure Park, parking can be an issue. It is best to find a place to park and don't drive as much as you can. Odds are your space will be gone when you get back even though it is a pretty good sized parking lot!
Breakfast really could use some improvement. They have a decent-sized breakfast area, but it's pretty basic as far as options go. The only hot items are waffles and toast. It would really enhance the experience if hot items like eggs, sausage, and bacon were offered. There is plenty of room on the counter to make some quality additions!
The best rooms are on the 4th floor at either end of the hallway. Even though our suite was on the northeast side, right next to the elevator, noise did not bother us at all. I don't even think there was all that much traffic in this section of the hotel.
The customer service is also top notch. We were always greeted promptly and it just seemed like they were always eager to help and make sure things got taken care of. On the first evening in our suite, we accidentally tripped a circuit breaker (not a good idea to use the microwave and the toaster oven at the same time). Jessica spent several minutes going to reset the breaker, which was also a GFI, and everything worked just fine after that.
If it's just my wife and me on a weekend getaway, we will definitely choose Hotel Glenwood Springs. We really don't care about the historic hotels that are in town and cost nearly double and all you're paying for is the history. HGS is very nice, very reasonable and have a large variety of rooms to choose from to fit everyone's needs.
There really isn't anything majorly wrong with HGS. Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the perfect family destination of Glenwood Springs, Colorado at our new Hotel Glenwood Springs. The hotel is just steps away from all of the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park action. Come relax and unwind with your family in one of our spacious family suites. Then, splish and splash in our water park, or explore the abundant attractions and events in Glenwood Springs. Value-priced rooms, specials and packages offer an affordable choice for your Colorado family vacation, group events, birthdays, reunions and more! Perfect for the business traveler as well with free wireless, free parking and great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Americinn Glenwood Springs