“Packages”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Packages”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel has deals/ packages for two nights or more. They are great and Josefa and Lymainas are most helpful. We love the swim package and have done it for years !! It is now one of our Christmas presents to our family. Thanks and keep this forever and we will be there!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a great visit to Glenwood Springs and the wine country. This place is conveniently located a bit out of town in a quiet location. Clean and comfortable. Won't hesitate to stay again. Great value!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I understand economy travel however there are a few things that are must haves for my family when we travel and unfortunately the most important piece was overlooked: As soon as you walk into the corridor to find your room the smell of dank cigarette smoke permeates your nostrils and was horrible. We opened our ground floor room and found it stuffy and much smaller than what the picture seemed to indicate. There was very little room. No closet to hang your clothes and the 2 queen beds were just too big for this room. I would say the king bed room may have more room. There is only one room with one window which I did not know faced the parking lot and on the first floor you feel like you are in a dungeon. The bathroom shower was pretty horrid. My mother had to come get me to help her figure out how to work the hot and the cold as well as as adjust the shower head pressure which could have been easily fixed with a nice new one. I had to play with it to get it to stop spraying outside the tub. The tub had black dots on it and my son picked something up which was either leftover dirt, a rock or God knows what. On the plus side, the beds were very comfy although my top blanket had a big round cigarette burn hole in it and I began to wonder if bed bugs might exist. The staff was indifferent. They helped when asked but I got the feeling they were not very happy. I noticed the place was more like a private family setting with the hispanic workers enjoying home cooked meals in the lobby which was nice to see. Breakfast was basic, bagels, cream cheese, pastries, terrible coffee and no real cream, just the powdered stuff which we hate. Juice and lemon water was well, refreshing considering the alternatives. The only thing we enjoyed was the proximity to downtown and to the adventure park and springs which is why we went. We spent $300 for 2 nights and got 3 passes to the adventure park and 2 passes to the springs which after factoring that out, cost us about $50 - $60 to stay there. However, I will not be returning there again with my family.

Room Tip: I would say it would have been nice to have a room facing the mountain on the 2nd floor away from th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank traveler1166
kathy h, Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with superior customer service and a clean and comfortable stay at a valuable price. It appears that in this case, we fell short.

The maintenance and housekeeping issues have been remedied and I thank you for bringing them to our attention. We are always taking feedback, positive and negative, to our staff to help us improve.

We will also be taking your feedback to our front desk team to ensure the better handle this situation in the future. I assure you that the experience you had is not typical of the service we provide. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly staff and enjoy getting to know many of our guest. Typically, they become a part of our extended family.

The breakfast we offer appeals to many of out visitors. It includes; biscuits and gravy, fresh baked apple and cherry turnovers, bagels cream cheese, jelly, juice, fruited water and hot coffee.

Your business is very important to us, I take your feedback to heart and thank you for your candid response. We work hard to provide a valuable product in an, often times, high priced destination town. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future.

Sincerely

Kathy
Manager
1-800-292-5050

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very clean, quiet, very comfortable mattesses, wonderful strong water pressure in shower, and nice touches like 24 hrs iced lemon water in lobby, very accomodating hours on breakfast (although there is a microwave and fridge in room and Vitamin Cottage across the highway so we ate our own breakfast food) and very affordable! We used hotwire and got this at an even lower rate $48 for 2 queen beds.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for views and its always quieter to be on upper level.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julievida
SUN PRAIRIE
Reviewed September 30, 2013

While the outward appearance of the place may deter some staying, inside I found the place to be quite comfortable and clean. I found their coupon in one of those coupon books that you find at the entrances of restaurants or convenience stores. Less than $50 is quite a bargain in Glenwood Springs. Not fancy, but a basic, good night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is great place for families on tight budget. The only thing I would suggest to the front desk is to be aware of local activities, on our last day, we found out of several free tram rides And other events that we could have attended.

• Stayed August 2013
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here and it was exactly what we needed it to be, a place to sleep and shower. The staff was all very friendly and I was pleasantly surprised by the continental breakfast. We played cards out on the patio a couple of mornings. They even have a BBQ grill for guests use. My family was also big fans of the lemon/lime water :) The room was clean and the A/C was great. We loved having a mini fridge and microwave as well. We got 2 gift certs to Elk Creek Mining Co which is one of our favorite places to eat when we come to town, and 2 passes to the hot springs. Great package for our money. We would definintely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family