WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Lake Station, Indiana
“Great budget stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Frontier Lodge. We stopped last year for a night on a cross country road trip and wished we could've stayed longer. So we decided to come back for our Honeymoon!

The rooms are spacious and clean. Bathrooms are some of the cleanest motel bathrooms I've ever seen. The owners are super nice and will give you suggestions on where to eat and visit. It's not downtown, which is really okay with us. To save $20-50 for a two minute drive is well worth it. There is plenty of parking downtown.

The views from the hotel are amazing too!

Hopefully we will be back for our 5 year anniversary!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank amac524

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The owners of this place are great. They were helpful and very sweet. Seeing the place I didn't expect much, and it is true that the rooms were pretty basic, but they were clean and with everything we needed. Mostly though, the friendly and caring attitude of the owners won me over. Oh and the breakfast was great. Bagels, pancakes freshly made, fruit... It totally took me by surprise. I would happily go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank che_mail9
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The owners Wes and BZ are a couple of the friendliest and nicest people I've ever met. They know the surrounding area and are eager to help you plan out the days activities. Continental breakfast is great with oatmeal, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, and my favorite; watermelon. The owners love meeting and talking to their customers and really made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AndrewS1991
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights on a very busy weekend. We arrived around 10:30 PM. Check in was easy and we were given the wifi code without having to ask. No mention of breakfast time or location. Our room was clean but rather dated and in need of a remodel. There were only 2 cups in the room for 4 people. The beds are very firm- not easy to sleep on. Breakfast is in the lobby, but don't show up after 9- it will be gone. (hours are 7:30-9:30). There is no one monitoring the area. There were 4 cereals, bread, bagels, English muffins and pancakes. A toaster and microwave are there to toast or warm food. There were some slices of watermelon (2) but these were very thin slices. Coffee, milk, plates, melon and one lone hard boiled egg ran out while I was toasting a bagel, none were replenished even with 30 minutes of breakfast time left. The ice machine is in the laundry room and dispenses about 1 quart of ice at a time. I had to ask for help as the machine is old and the ice chute needs to be all the way down to work. Housekeeping does a nice job with cleaning but did not replenish shampoo or cups for our second night. The hottub has very limited hours.

• Stayed August 2012
Meeker, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The first night we got in late and just went to bed. Woke up to bug bites on my daughter and old blood on the bed. Had to leave early for my daughter's surgery so we left a note for the maid telling her about the room. When we got back for night 2 they moved us to a room next door. I had to get my daughter layd down after her surgery so we had not checked the room for a little while...we laid on top of the blankets to avoid possible bugs. When I went to put our water in the refrigerator there was a drug pipe in there. I called the front desk to have them come get it out and he did...I then gathered up my daughter and went to get my money back...he only gave us 1 night's refund..and that did not show up for a week on my card...so we then had no money to rent another hotel so I had to drive my daughter home after she had surgery...I figure if the maid didn't see that pipe then I'm pretty sure she didn't clean at all. And when I got home I told people what I saw and it was a meth pipe and that means that room was covered in meth. Worst place ever.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank TheDreamers0727

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Basic lodging in a 60's style motel. Rooms clean, in terms of linens and bathroom. Our room had a bathroom door that did not shut completely and the front door was a bit sticky. One single update would make a great difference and that would be new carpet. Otherwise this is a basic motel... If you want Holiday Inn Express, then you'll not be happy here.

• Stayed July 2012
gr, michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was our fourth night of a 2 week motorcycle trip out west. For the price we felt this motel a little lacking though it was clean. We understood that this is an area of much higher priced hotels but the bed was not very comfortable and it was difficult to sleep well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple