“Totally bad experience for us”
Review of Frontier Lodge

Frontier Lodge
Frontier Lodge
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I made a reservation at this motel planning to keep my dog in our vehicle because they don't allow pets in the rooms. What I didn't know until we arrived is that they don't even allow pets on the premises - nothing on their website states this fact. Consequently we were not allowed to stay. We left thinking our reservation had been cancelled and money refunded. This was not the case, we were charged for the room because "we" had cancelled too late. When I called the lodge I pointed out I hadn't cancelled anything, that they had refused to rent me a room I was told too bad - we're keeping the money no matter what. This charge is currently in dispute and has been refunded to my checking account.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank redmtn1

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We arrived about 9:30pm with reservation for two rooms. Manager met us at the door and welcomed us by name, obviously a guess but we were probably his last arrivals. Very friendly and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. This is an older facility but has been very well maintained. Plus it is far enough off the interstate to have no road noise. It has to be the best value in Glenwood Springs and we would gladly stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Good price for retirees on budget. If you are in need of clean room with a comfortable bed and shower this is your place to stay. Quiet surroundings and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

As we pulled in, the marquis said "Satellite T.V., Hot tub, wireless internet". Well let me tell ya folks......don't believe everything ya read. The guy at the front desk was a man of few words, (english) I mean. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what he was saying. Anyhoo....got into our room and found there was no shampoo or any other of the little things most places provide....a half roll of tp on the roll, and only 1 towel and two wash cloths. Later looking through the motel info book, found that the only things provided were a hair dryer, x-tra towels, and x-tra towels.

I noticed that the tv was bolted to the wall on a stand high up in the corner of the other end of the room. No way to see it if a fella was to lay in bed and want to watch some news before sleeping. Lame!!!!! Thought we'd try the internet on my laptop......ya have to pay $7.00 to get a card for 24hrs. of access. Screw that...... Thought we'd check out the hot tub and get in a soak before ending the night.....hahahaha.......silly us. Tub was ice cold, full of dead bugs, and didn't even work period.

In the morning we thought we'd partake of the "Free Continental Breakfast"..... Only things there were either Cheerios, Rice Crispies, and bad smelling and looking watermelon slices. Oh, and I couldn't leave out the coffee so weak it could be read through, and didn't even have the smell or taste of coffee....bleh!!!!! So all in all, it was a really disappointing experience for the outrageous money charged. Would have been better off spending the x-tra few $$$$$ and stayed in the famous hotel up the road and had all the amenities.....Don't waste your valuable time and money staying here folks. But on the bright side......there is a pizza place down the street called "Uncles" Super pizza and calzones there and some nice guys workin' there.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank hazard24
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We arrived at the Frontier Lodge at 10 PM after a long drive from Denver. No worries because I'd made a reservation two weeks before, guaranteed with credit card and had a confirmation number.At the desk, however, I was told that there were no rooms and the manager was surly when I asked whether anything could be done. He said it didn't matter that I had a confirmation number and denied having my name in his files. I called Hotels. Com immediately and they confirmed the reservation and called the Frontier Lodge. The manager then hung up on them. We eventually found a motel twenty miles south that was able to accommodate us but that does nothing to excuse the treatment we received at Frontier Lodge. You'd think at the least they would have helped us find another hotel but in fact we were offered nothing. I was traveling with my pregnant daughter and son-in-law so this made the trip much more stressful than it need have been. I'd advise others to avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DMilo46
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's a very low-budget hotel and the rooms are basic, but it's family-owned by a nice Polish family, and they are very pleasant. Even a cheap motel feels nice when it is surrounded by beautiful mountains and a small-town feel and nice staff. It's not really walking distance to the main resort with the pool, but if you go high-season, at least you can still find a good rate here and if you have simple expectations of a place to sleep and shower, you'll be fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A little trot from the "downtown" area this little gem found us. Great shower, soft beds, roomy and a great value for the traveler! I loved the cute decor and was so stoked at the great find! Thinking of coming back for our honeymoon!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple