“Great place for me and my hubby!”

Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver,CO
“Great place for me and my hubby!”
Reviewed June 17, 2007

A Great Place to Stay. Very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the location was great for us. It was quiet and convenient. The staff was friendly and had great suggestions for resturants. Will stay there again and have already recommended the hotel to some friends who will be traveling soon.
~Cassandra, Denver, CO

• Liked — The comfortable bed
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank outoftheofficefor5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed April 29, 2007

This is probably one of the nicest rooms for this value I've stayed in. The bathroom area had pretty tile and upgraded fixtures; the fridge was new and very nice (black). The owners did a beautiful job with a simple design and a light butter yellow color scheme. A downside was the bed. It was very hard and the mattress pad did not fit well; so, it was crinkled up. We even tried to fix it but without a fitted bottom sheet, it wouldn't stay. We liked the location as were out of the downtown mess. Even though we could hear interstate noise, with the air on, that was not a problem.

• Liked — Extremely clean/updated.
  • Disliked — Hard bed.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori1558
Duluth
Reviewed March 11, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in early March 2007. Requested and received a room near the excellent hot tub. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning consisted of cereal, rolls, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, milk, orange juice and even hot waffles served 6-9 a.m. We enjoyed chatting with the very friendly front desk clerk while having our breakfast. The room also has a coffee maker and hair dryer.

Although there is some freeway noise (most motels in Glenwood are either on the freeway or on CO 82 to Aspen), it was a very nice stay and I highly recommend this Rodeway Inn. We also got a great price by booking online at the hotels website.

• Liked — Clean room, hot tub, free breakfast
  • Disliked — freeway noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, California
Reviewed November 29, 2006

Clean, comfortable and updated room. We stayed in the King Suite which had refrigerator, microwave and jacuzzi tub. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Continental breakfast was basic but enough to start the day. Rooms are not luxurious but pleasant and convienent to downtown area. Try Lucy Jucy or Rivers for an elk steak and the Brewery for local pub fare. Stop by Mountain Valley Gifts on 8th street west of Grand Ave for beautiful woven textiles and try Summit Coffee Shop as well as Starbucks new store. We loved them all. Don't skip the Hot Springs. I've never seen one like it before. Go at full moon time for romance. We found place quiet even though fairly close to I-70 and actually all hotels are close to I-70 by most standards.

• Liked — Very reasonable price.
  • Disliked — Coffee was hot but no taste.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get good maps before hiking on trails. Staff good source of info on area.
  • Stayed November 2006
4 Thank darkchocolate
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 20, 2006

This is a great hotel to stay at! I stayed two nights here and didn't want to leave when it was time. Although it was built in the 70s, everything has been redone and looks brand new. The carpet & tile in the room was new and I wasn't afraid to step on it (unlike some other hotels). All the fixtures were new. I was also told that the mattresses were 1 week old! They were so soft and plush, I wish my mattress at home was as comfortable. The air conditioning worked perfectly. The complimentary breakfast was about what you would expect, toast, juice, coffee, tea, cereal, bagels, and some type of danish. From now on when I take my annual trip to Glenwood Springs, I will definitely be staying here!

• Liked — How clean and neat the rooms were.
  • Disliked — The size of the parking lot. Too many SUV's & campers double parking and taking up all the space.
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan out your trip in advance, or at least have an idea of what you want to do. (For breakfast at this hotel avoid the morning rush by coming in real early or closer to 9)
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tessath
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

The staff there was extremely friendly and went above and beyond to make sure our travel home would be smooth sailing and all roads were clear. The breakfast in the morning consisted of OJ, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Bagels with either cream cheese, jellies, or peanut butter, Pasteries, and muffins. They also had 2 cereals available. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Not a 5 star Hotel but that's not what we were looking for. I would rather have a friendly atmosphere than have all the fancy stuff and a rude staff. They have little pocket menus available in the main lobby of restuarants around the area and the staff was gracious enough to help us to decide good places to eat for what we wanted. The Hot Tub on site was clean and very comfy! The only thing that we experienced which was kind of a shock was that the water fluctuation in the shower went from real hot to real cold and back again for no real reason. That made taking a shower a bit interesting! It was great having a fridge and microwave in the room as one night I couldn't eat all of my dinner so was able to heat it up and eat it the next day. Very quite place except the highway right next to the motel but you couldn't hear it when you were in your room. This place gets 5 stars from us for service, price, and all around excellent place to stay! We will be back! Plus it is close to downtown Glenwood (about a 2 to 5 min drive and close to the Hot Springs pool although we didn't get a chance to make it to the pool! It's also about 5 to 7 mins away from Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves. I went and went in the caves, then had a mud wrap and massage all for 122.00 and that included tip for the 2 people who worked with me at the spa. What a pleasurable place to visit!

• Stayed April 2006