“Good take-out” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse

Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado
“Good take-out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I got food to-go and it was pretty good. The lunch deals are fair, lobster roll for $14 and fish and chips with pacific snapper for $10. I applaud the use of pacific snapper instead of the cheap tilapia being used everywhere now. The fish was very good and the batter was light and crisp, but the fries were not very good. If I had known, I would have gotten the waffle chips that came with the lobster roll. The roll itself was ok, I don't care for red pepper and celery in my lobster roll as those both overpower the lobster flavor and feel like filler.

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

For what we ordered, I felt it was a bit pricey. Food average. Probably will skip this restaurant next time we go to Glenwood.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chris G, Manager at Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am sorry to find you did not truly enjoy your meal at Juicy Lucy’s Steakhouse, however I can assure you we only use top quality ingredients and products to prepare our food. We do not overly season our food as we believe the true taste should come from the high quality product and that is not for everyone. As a small family owned business we truly care about all aspects of our establishment and feel that we offer great food at affordable prices with good size portions. If you have any questions or concerns you may always feel free to contact me at juicylucymanager@gmail.com.
Thank you for your time and concerns,
Chris Gundelfinger Restaurant Manager
Arvada, Colorado
“Awesome. Sit outside in back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Excellent food. A bit pricey. Totally worth the wait. The steak is to die for. Nice seating in the back outside under umbrellas and by fountain or on the roof.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“really good food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great drinks, great food, great service. I recommend sitting on the roof top deck and watching the sunset or watching a storm roll in as we did. The staff kept us dry, fed, watered, and happy while on the roof through the storm! Steak was very good, portions were large, price was reasonable, dessert was delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tobycc
Chris G, Manager at Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for your response, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Personally, as I have eaten and worked in many restaurants around the country, I can agree that the food is outstanding and the prices are quite reasonable, especially for our Wine Spectator award winning wine list contrived and sustained by our owners, David and Cece Zumwinkle. We believe in a five star experience at an affordable level. And I am very happy to find that we met our standard on your visit to Juicy Lucy’s Steakhouse. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact me at juicylucymanager@gmail.com.

Chris Gundelfinger Restaurant Manager
Colorado
“Great T-Bone Steak and Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We started out trying to go to another restaurant we like in the area, but the wait was too long. So we were pleasantly surprised when we went a couple shops down the street to Juicy Lucy. They were out of the Porterhouse Steak, so I had the T-Bone Steak instead (both are 28 oz steaks). The thick-cut steak I got was one of the best I have ever had in any restaurant anywhere. It was cooked perfectly to my specification, seasoned just right and tasted great. I am used to some other places where the T-Bone is a little downscale from the Porterhouse -- but this T-Bone was terrific. My wife had the Sirloin Kabobs which were also very good. I got to taste the grilled mushrooms and eggplant off the kabob in "trade" for some of my T-Bone -- the taste of the grilled vegies had great flavor too. We enjoyed the service and atmosphere too. My wife liked the taste of my traded T-Bone pieces so much, we're returning tomorrow night so she can have her own T-Bone (or the Porterhouse if they haven't sold out of it).

1 Thank EvergreenTraveler1