“Excellent Rooftop Patio”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were very pleased with our seat on the rooftop patio...though we did get there right when they opened, had it been an hour later we would not have been able to sit there. The food was excellent and the Bloody Marys as well. Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Sue M
There are newer reviews for Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We called ahead to try to make reservations for 22. They said they didn't take reservations but coming "around 5:30" would be fine, they usually weren't that busy at that time. Headed over from hotel, but the elevators were malfunctioning and we needed to get Grandma down from the 4th floor. We got there at 5:45. The restaurant was half empty. They said we lost our tables because we weren't there at 5:30. I asked about the empty tables and they said they were reserved. I said I was told they didn't take reservations? The wait staff looked quite ashamed and embarrassed. We are nearby locals who make lots of referrals to restaurants. If this came from management, they need to know it is poor business practice, but hey, who needs to make money...

5  Thank Ella J
Chris G, Manager at Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Ella J.,
I'm sorry we were unable to accommodate you on your last visit to Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse. Unfortunately, as I explained to you over the phone, generally we do not take reservations; we did however hold your tables for ten minutes, which is standard practice for restaurants that do take reservations. WE are and extremely busy restaurant and we were left in the dark with out a call warning us of any delay, so we did what was best for our business and patrons. We did try to accommodate your party after the fact but unfortunately our offer was not up to your standards and you decided to take your business elsewhere. The reserved tables that you are referring to were a long term reservation made several weeks in advance for a meeting to be had by local businesses. We are very proud of our town and do our best to accommodate our locals, thus our owners felt obliged to take that reservation. While we do appreciate your insight and the opportunity of business we have been running our establishment the same way for more than 15 years with a very good out come. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns you may always contact me at juicylucymanager@gmail.com.
Thank you for your time and concerns,
Chris Gundelfinger Restaurant Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived in GS tired after a long journey and went to Juicy Lucy's for some good food. The pace was busy, the staff were attentive and the food good. It ticked all our boxes and I would recommend it.

1  Thank pigletdrongo
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Ordered specialty cocktails & calamari to start. The calamari was the best we've had in town! Cocktail sauce tasted very fresh- so if it wasn't-fooled me! I ordered the steak kabobs and hubby had the whole lobster. Market price was about $30.00 that day,so compared to the rest of the menu, it was actually not that expensive. My kabobs and rice were delicious. Though I was too hot and full to finish my entree, I was disappointed by the tiny amount of steak on each kabob (2 cubes of steak on each stick). Service was fine until we
ordered dinner. After that point I'd call it lackluster. Kindof like our server (or maybe all the servers???) had this strange "I'm too cool, I don't care", rockstar-esq mentality. When I asked if the cheesecake was made in-house, I wasn't given a straight answer. But... the cheesecake- defrosted from whatever company, wasnt too shabby. I just dont appreciate patronizing attitudes when dropping over $200. on a dinner for 2! It might be worth another shot once we save up enough money to go back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

wife had an excellent filet mignon, but my rib-eye was undercooked, tough and tasteless. service left a lot to be desired.

1  Thank Whilbert01