“Enjoy Lunch at the Daily Bread!”

Daily Bread Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Polish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Midland, Canada
“Enjoy Lunch at the Daily Bread!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a late breakfast here yesterday- in fact it was lunch and and the menu offered a limited breakfast choices. In the past I was here for breakfast - For me, the lunch menu had more choices.
The coffee was hot and I ordered ice tea- it comes unsweetened, just how I like mine. I chose an Asian Salad which cost around 9 dollars with a glass of Chardonnay (which was a bargain at three dollars). My companion ordered a Denver omelet with home fries- around 9 dollars as well. I have noticed that in the U.S. they don't put vinegar on the table- I miss it.
My salad came with a few pieces of seasoned grilled chicken over mesclun greens, fried noodles and almonds. The salad was good- it could have had a wider variety of vegetables to make it more interesting. The omelet was huge and filled with cheese,ham, onions and peppers- it could have used more seasoning. The potatoes were perfectly seasoned and hot. You are offered fresh salsa to serve over your meal- it tasted fresh but the onions were cut into far too large pieces for me.
The service was excellent and had our drinks topped off several times without having to ask.
I do have one concern- the public restrooms are basically in the kitchen- A no no for me.

The menu at the Daily Bread is extensive at lunch and there should be something for everyone.There is limited patio dining- I would take advantage of it as the weather warms up- I love to eat outside.
I had a good lunch and my companion was very happy with his omelet. The value was excellent for the chosen items. I never order omelets when dining out as I can make them so easily at home and they charge far too much for a few eggs with a little filling. I feel ripped off- it is like paying 8 Dollars for French toast! Jamais! The Daily Bread's omelet was generous.
I would head back here again- it is a pity that the hours are so limited and it is not open for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth P

Lafayette, Colorado
“Best eggs Benedict ever?”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family of four slipped in--amazingly, on a Saturday morning--to a window seat for brunch. Husband and one daughter ordered the daily special--spinach, avocado, and bacon eggs Benedict with pesto hollandaise on a croissant--and quickly deemed it the BEST bennies ever! I had the traditional version and was also thrilled. Daughter two had the blintzes and loved them. Service was much quicker than we expected. Charming atmosphere and a decent, fresh-tasting bloody mary (so says my husband, and he's pretty particular). We'll be sure to return next time we're in Glenwood.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MStarAsaka
Parker, Colorado
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fantastic little breakfast/brunch spot. The food is always good, and service is fast and friendly. One of the best omelets I've ever eaten!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Heidi H
Austin, Texas
“Probably the Best Place to Kill a Hangover!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

DISCLAIMER: I wasn't hungover when I went to Daily Bread today, but I felt like it thanks to a full day of traveling through snowstorms yesterday and my kids waking me up at 5AM to rent a Hotel PPV Movie (Hotel's Parental Controls get 5-stars but that's a separate review).

Got to Daily Bread around 8:30-9 with a list for the family. Pancakes, bacon, whole-grain toast (wait, something borderline healthy?), scrambled eggs were ordered to-go and I hung around and checked out the joint. First of all, the place was packed and there was a very nice ambience in the restaurant. Lots of chatter and had a kind of Euro-cafe feel to it - just an overall feeling of warmth and common courtesy among the locals and tourists alike.

Because we didn't exactly order anything challenging (how difficult is it to screw up bacon, eggs or pancakes?) it's tough to dole out the 5-star review, but I did and here's why:

- Friendly staff, all wearing early AM smiles. I, on the other hand, walked out of my hotel cursing under my breath at the lack of sleep I got... Mood changed upon entering Daily Bread. That's 1 star.

- Gigantic sides of bacon! Ordered 4 sides of bacon, assuming we'd get 2-3 slices each. I think each side had between 8 and 12 slices. 2 stars (1 for each blocked artery)

- Customer Service - I forgot to ask for syrup with the pancakes because my brain wasn't firing yet. When I went back for syrup, they apologized and made me feel like less of an idiot AND they threw in an extra scone as a token of apology for forgetting the syrup. 2 stars - 1 for each happy kid that split it...

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank THEESuperfly
Yancey, TX
“Eggs Benedict!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were in Glenwood Springs for 5 days and the 3 days we didn't cook breakfast, we drove in to eat the Daily Bread. Service was excellent as was the food. Eggs Benedict were to die for! Skillet breakfasts and oatmeal really delicious. Friendly people & great food!

Visited February 2014