“Another Great Meal on Memorial Day Weekend”

The Italian Underground Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We've been to IU on several occasions and it has never disappointed. As others have said, get there early on the weekend. We were there AT 5PM and got a table. 10mins later, there was a 30 minute wait that increased to an hour quickly. I always get the combo and the kids get the spaghetti. I can easily say that even though the portions are huge, there is never enough for our family. It's that good. I would also give a try to the Italian Beer they have in the bottle. It's a good alternative if you are not a wine fan. My wife gets the cheese pizza which looks like a cheese plant exploded on it. Very ooey and gooey.

In summary, a must eat in Glenwood Springs.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The specials are great and always worth asking about. It is a small place on busy nights they open at 5 and it can fill up This visit was wed before mem day weekend 6 pm was not a problem This is probably 7th or more visit haven't been disappointed. Portions are large consider splitting if you don't have ref in motel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I ate here with friends while attending a conference recently. I had heard it was really good. However, even the blue cheese dressing on the salad could not hide the fact that the lettuce was browning, the desert spumoni had melted and been refrozen, was covered with frost and sat in a puddle of frozen melted ice cream. I ordered the combination plate to get an example of many items but everything tasted the same. The spinach lasagne was awful, the sauce virtually unseasoned, the pasta overcooked, the sausage more tasteless than anything I have ever tried. How anybody can give this place a good rating is beyond me. I have never had worse Italian food.

1  Thank susan r
Reviewed May 15, 2013

When going out for lunch, dinner, etc., always take a look at their specials. Most of the time, they turn out to be the best item on the menu! The Italian Underground is no exception - they had an amazing flank steak in spicy tomato basil sauce served over wide egg noodles...it was so delicious that I ate the entire plate (if you've been to any Italian restaurant, you know how much food that is)! My husband ate his entire plate also and he ordered their other special - smoked salmon alfredo. That was delicious too! Our daughter had their pizza and wasn't a huge fan of the crust but I had her leftovers for lunch the next day and thought it was pretty great too. Go there.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food at the Italian Underground was the best Italian food that I have ever eaten, but it is somewhere right up near the top. We were a group of 5 and had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table but the service and atomsphere was great and the wait was worth while. The portions are huge so come hungry.