“Average Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Draper, Utah
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here on our way from Utah to Aspen. The hotel is average.

CONS- We were in a non-smoking room, but it smelt as if it were a smoking room. The refrigerator didn't work in the room. Outdoor and indoor pools were supposed to be heated, but they weren't, or didn't feel like it at all. Breakfast room was crowded- options were bagels, donuts, cereal, juice and coffee.

PROS- They did have Comcast Cable, with many channels and On-Demand, which was great for our 2 year old daughter. Room was clean. Nice staff. In walking distance to Safeway grocery store, a couple of gas stations/convenience stores, Arby's, Wendy's, and Taco Bell.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
milliken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

I liked this Motel, it has nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, and at check in I was over charged for the room and was promptly contacted and credited for the error. My complaint is I don't know what they are spraying in the rooms, deodorizer, air freshener or whatever but our first night it was overpowering. We were very uncomfortable in trying to sleep with this smell that was so overwhelming. To remedy the problem I put out the do not disturb sign so they would not spray anymore of it in our room. That helped tremendously and our next nights sleep was fine. The only reason I bring this up is I contacted the front desk at check out to tell them about what we had experienced in the belief that maybe they need to educate there help in the amount of spay they use in the rooms. The person at the front desk was very uninterested in what I had to say, and I got the I will let the management know comment which I do not believe happened just from the look and tone of voice I got. Other than that it's not to bad.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Thank you Mary and Terri for a most enjoyable experience! My room was clean and quiet, and as a single traveler, I felt VERY safe.
If I find myself in your neck of the woods again, I will definitely stay at Cedar Lodge Motel and book your Facebook rate!

Thanks again.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

Surrounded by the beautiful red rocks of Glenwood Springs is this wonderful little motel. It's not fancy and up to date as some may prefer, rather it was clean and proudly kept up, particularly the grounds with mature trees and bushes. The staff was friendly over and over not to mention helpful. Due to chain motels being pricey in Glenwood we opted for an older mom and pop type stay here and it's charm, it brought back fond memories. They even checked the pool's chemical levels while there. The second floor balcony has nice views of both the motel and the surrounding Glenwood Springs scenery. We stayed here for a reasonable price. The motel boasts an indoor pool with sauna and whirlpool as well as an outdoor pool (deeper and goes to eight feet deep). There was a workout room/equipment (I did not seek it out but knew it was there). There was a breakfast room that served an adequate and filling meal (waffles to toast, bread to toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt and a variety of hot and cool drinks). Our room had a microwave and fridge, and wi-fi. I highly recommend a stay here while in the area. From the charming landscape to the outdoor picnic/grill area, pools, view, cleanliness and other amenities, it made for a more than satisfying stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed in Glenwood for 3 days to enjoy some of the attractions. The room was very clean and in good shape. The decor was a little outdated, but still nice. The A/C cooled the room in less than five minutes, which was nice since the temperatures were in the high nineties. The room was sound proof and the beds were amazing. Slept like a baby.
Too bad Glenwood has NO nightlife. We were there on a Saturday night and could not find a bar that had music.
I highly recommend using Glenwood Adventure Company on Cooper Street for your activities. We used their services for tubing and bike tour. They were so kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cedar Lodge motel and found it to be exceptional. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by all the amenities, the pool area was wonderful, and the continental breakfast selection was outstanding. This very affordable quiet mountain lodge is nestled in the center of Glenwood Springs, which was an ideal location for all of our adventures. I would highly recommend the Cedar Lodge for anyone looking for an affordable mountain escape while enjoying the comforts of home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

found ourselves here after bryce canyon heading to denver airport and twas a nice place to find ourselves, motel was very clean and nice, good bed, shower and towels, wi-fi link ok, also had pool although we didnt partake but luxury continental breakfast, which was nice, i had a toasted bagel, also had cereals, pastries, waffles and maple syrup and cream cheese, blueberry muffins seemed to be going down a treat with other clients, so all very good, staff were very very nice so good stop off for us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple