“friendly staff”

Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed July 2, 2010

found ourselves here after bryce canyon heading to denver airport and twas a nice place to find ourselves, motel was very clean and nice, good bed, shower and towels, wi-fi link ok, also had pool although we didnt partake but luxury continental breakfast, which was nice, i had a toasted bagel, also had cereals, pastries, waffles and maple syrup and cream cheese, blueberry muffins seemed to be going down a treat with other clients, so all very good, staff were very very nice so good stop off for us.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2010

My wife and I and two young children had the unfortunate experience of spending two nights at the Cedar Lodge in June. We stayed a Friday and Saturday night while attending a wedding. Since our Friday afternoon wedding was at 4pm, we showed up at 2pm asking for an early check-in. While we understand not being given an early check-in, our room was not even cleaned by the normal 3pm check-in when we showed up with our room key and belongings.

If you are a family with young children, I would NOT recommend Cedar Lodge Motel. Our room was in the horsehoe end of the complex and had a loud party-like, frathouse atmosphere. There were always more cars than rooms in the party cul-de-sac, meaning we had to park far from our room. Again, a challenge with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old.

This would have all made for a relatively tolerable weekend stay, except for the nightmare that was our Saturday night's stay. A car alarm went off periodically all night, often for up to 5 to 10 minutes at a time. This kept our entire family up all night. When I mentioned the car alarm to the desk at check-out the next AM, the desk clerk was less than accomodating. She explained than the car alarm was being set off by an angry resident in retaliation towards the hotel staff. She went on to explain that, although they called the police at some point in the night, she declined pressing charges towards the owner of the car and was powerless over the situation. In sum, she seemed more scared of the owner's of the car then protecting the rest of the resident's. I left unimpressed with how management handled the situation. I am still tired from my stay at Cedar Lodge Motel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tmiller_10
cedarlodge2102, General Manager at Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

In reference to the weekend mentioned in the review; this particular weekend is a big festival that takes place in Glenwood Springs know as Strawberry Days. The motel was sold out, so yes we were very busy. Some of our guests staying with us that weeken over-celebrated and had to be quieted down by our staff. In regard to the car alarm, this was a VERY RARE OCCURENCE and it was handled professionally and to the best of my ability. The following morning I spoke and apologized to many of our guests. Some acknowledged hearing the alarm go off and others did not hear a thing.
To all guests that sayed with us that weekend and were affected by this incident, my SINCEREST APOLOGIZES.
Mary Koziol
Cedar Lodge Motel
manager

Reviewed June 4, 2010

We came to Glenwood Springs for hiking and the hot springs for 2 days and 1 night. We were traveling with my sister and her family and wanted to share a hotel room with them, but didn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money for one night. We were pleasantly surprised with the Cedar Lodge Motel. The front desk lady was very nice and helpful which was great after a long 4 hour drive. The room was exceptionally clean! I was blown away! If you knew how important that was to me, you would share my joy. The room was good sized with one actual bedroom. It was basically like your typical hotel room with 2 double beds right as you walk in, but with a bonus "extra" bedroom with a door that closes. Perfect for us! The bathroom was very, very clean which was very, very appreciated. The water pressure was great and I loved having a little window right in the shower. I would have loved to have a couple more pillows, but I'm sure I could have asked for them and been accomodated. We were too worn out to care by the end of the night. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave which was fantastic since we didn't expect that and had brought a cooler. Another bonus, 2 TV's! One in the front room and extra bedroom. No kids fighting over which show to watch. The continental breakfast was as expected. Cold cereal, danishes, oatmeal, bagels and a toaster for waffles. There was juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee. Perfectly adequate. We didn't use the pools, the indoor nor outdoor one but will do that next time. One of the great things about the motel, oddly enough, was that there is a beautiful little grassy shaded area on the side with a grill and picnic table that is for customer use. I loved it! It was great for the kids to eat outside "picnic" style and run around a bit before going to bed. There were several eateries around that we could walk to as well as hiking trails. Let me say right now that this is not a "fancy" hotel and the deco is not perfectly up to date. But for cleanliness, convenience, courtesy and functionality at a really great price, you can't beat it. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Cedar Lodge Motel in mid-May for three wonderful nights. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff was top notch and they would drop what they were doing in order to ensure that our stay was nothing less than perfect. The indoor pool, hot tub and spa room was an added bonus. One of the best features was the location. It is located in the heart of Glenwood Springs, right off the main road. The motel is situation as such that you cannot hear any traffic from the road. I enjoyed getting up early to enjoy the sun rise over the mountains. It was our little slice of heaven during our stay in Glenwood Springs. When my family returns to Glenwood Springs in the future, we will not hesitate to stay at the Cedar Lodge Motel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Aspen this past weekend. I WISH we had just stayed here both nights and driven to and from our skiing destinations. The Cedar Lodge is perfect if you are just looking for a no-frills place to park yourself and get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was adequate--cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc. We never heard any other guests while trying to sleep and were super satisfied with the location and price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Great place to stay and close to Lassen National Park. Al, the owner was very friendly and hospitable and acted more like a friend than a merchant. The room I had was meticulously clean and warm which is a plus during the winter. They have a huge selection of DVD's to choose from if you don't feel like watching satellite TV. For a good price ($55 for one queen) you also get a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We were a bit skeptical of staying at a "Motel" after hearing of the clientele that can frequent these places. We were pleasantly surprised by the condition, amenities and cleanliness of this "Motel". They even offered a Continental breakfast which was satisfying, although I'd like to suggest they add fruit to the spread. Otherwise was all very good.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family