“Just average with maintenance needed”

Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ended up staying here for a couple reasons. One, we were only staying one night on our way through and it had a pool for the kids. The Front desk check in was a breeze. We had a suite and it was very clean. As other posts have stated, it is rather dated. It has laundry facilities, which were needed as we were on a 19 day trip and the facilities worked well. Kids and husband enjoyed the indoor pool and sauna. The only major complaint I had was going to our room we had to pass by a group of people sitting around outside. It appeared after husband speaking with them --they lived there. They were not noisy or anything. It was just weird going in and out and they just sitting there watching.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This property is older as indicated by it's place in town... however... it is soooo clean!!! Everything I saw or touched was clean: the carpet, the comforters, the bathroom, the windows, the sliding window tracks... everything! I will definitely stay here again! A great value and great amenities. Walking distance to the park, where the Strawberry Festival was, picnic area for the family including a barbeque. This place is really great... and I tend to be very picky.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a long, exhausting trip, we arrived early to Cedar Lodge. Mary was more than gracious and helpful in getting us in as soon as possible! The room was great, clean, spacious, comfortable, just what we needed! We have stayed at more expensive places and got a lot less! Cedar Lodge, although not the Ritz, is great value for money! Also, the breakfast was great, well stocked and looked after. We do appreciate the personal touch you do not get in the bigger chains.

Again, thank you!

Room Tip: You get more than you pay for, the personal service is what travelling is all about!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockport, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

2 full sized beds were comfortable, accomadations in room just ok. Wish they would remove the carpet and put down laminate flooring. Light in bathroom went out on first night just when it was needed but husband was able to get it going again (was not the bulb, had something to do with the "balance" on the flourescent lighting).
Room just seemed dark and gloomy as the lighting was bad and the room seemed kinda dank with moisture. Loved the location, pool was not heated but was indoors and was still doable for a short time as the water was too cold for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I was a little dsappointed with the service. I'm just now leaving the motel. I read all of the reviews and figured it would be a decent alternative to one of the higher priced hotels. After all, the majority of the reviews were very good and since there are ONLY a few negative reviews and I should really just ignore those, right? Well maybe not.
Service: First of all the receptionist was rude. She didn't say anything rude but its just one of those places where you walk in the door and are made to feel like you are a bother. Nobody bothers to look up at you when you walk in, nobody has a welcoming smile for you. Had I not already paid, I would have walked out right then and there.
Rooms: The rooms are very basic, kind of what you'd expect from a motel. They are clean. The showerfloor was creaking with every move I made which felt a little odd but while the water didn't. Get near hot, at least the water was warm. The room has two queen beds, a small coffeetable with two chairs, a refrigerator that was turned off and a microwave. The thing that bothered me most about my stay was the fact that internet was advertised but not really available. The first night I tried for half an hour to get on but couldn't. The next morning I got on for two minutes before I got kicked off again and after trying a few more times unsuccessfully I finally gave up.
Overall it was somewhat of a dissappointing experience. Staying here has made me feel a little cheated.
There are a few nice things I want to point out about the motel though, just to be fair. The kids enjoyed the outdoor and indoor pools that were both open from 9 am to 10 pm. They also have a hot tub inside which was nice too. Breakfast was continental with a very well stocked breakfast bar, not just cereal like you find in some places. Boiled eggs, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, waffles (frozen type), danish pastries, bagels, cream cheese, and jelly. The guy who worked the breakfast room was awesome. He kept it well stocked and nothing ran out at any time. Also he was very friendly and helpful in assisting everybody, form little kids to elderly folks. Big kudos for him. I wished I had asked for his name but all I know is that he was wearing an wristbrace. He definitely deserves a pat on the back for his great work. You have to give credit where credit is due.
So, in short, what I'm taking home from this today is that if you take a vacation in Glenwood Springs then spend the extra money to get a nice room. It makes a difference. Also if you are taking your kids you might want a place with bigger rooms, couch and a kitchenette. If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep I supppose the motel is good enough. If you want or need to save a few bucks, for a motel it is a decent place. I have seen much worse. Price is decent too, so I can't really complain too much. Internet was kind of a big deal to me, especially since phone reception is so terrible in this area. It would have been nice to be able to look up maps, restaurants, etc. It just makes things a little easier.

• Stayed June 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been visiting the Cedar over the past 14 years. We go to Glenwood at least once or twice a year. This is a great basic needs hotel. Always a consistent, clean, comfortable and friendly stay. They have an indoor pool and hot tub, an outdoor pool and free basic continental breakfast. We always stay in the back rooms, where your hotel room door is facing toward the mountains.(230-240) The 2 queen bed rooms are decent sized, bathroom and floors always clean, windows actually open. Tv, fridge and microwave. The beds not too bad, a little soft for me though. During the week at peak summertime, the rates are 69.99. It is just a short drive down the main drag, Grand Ave, to get to the hot springs. Our kids liked that Wendy's and Arby's were just across the street to grab something quick. Also a Safeway store across the street.. The family that runs the property live right there and are always helpful with anything we needed. They also have a large 2 story house that is available to rent for large families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family