“At long last, good Italian in GWS”
Review of Trattoria Dionisia

Trattoria Dionisia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vail, Colorado
“At long last, good Italian in GWS”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This new Italian restaurant in GWS is the closest thing to real italian food in GWS. Since the closing of Florindo's, Glenwood Springs has been absolutely devoid of real, authentic Italian cuisine, (including the number 10 rated, mediocre and always has been, it's ratings are an absolute mystery to me). Well, what a find Dionysia is. In an unassuming location, on the lower level, but delightful and warm wood surroundings, once you enter the door. A menu full of real Italian dishes, both standard and unusual, at reasonable prices and excellent, reasonably priced wines. I had the pizza al mare, pizza topped with clams, shrimp, calamari, and crab...absolutely delicious! And this is a pizza I have never seen on a menu outside of Italy! The crust, both tender and crisp, just the right thickness, as good as any I have had in Italy. Attentive, professional service, (a rarity in laid back GWS). We had no room for dessert, but the display case looked mouthwatering. Do seek them out, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

Denver
“The Italians are coming!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I don't know if it has to do with the italians buying the marble quarry nearby, but it seems like Glenwood Springs has good choices for Italian food. A fairly new place we patronized on our last visit was Trattoria Donysia on Grand Avenue. We probably would not have noticed it, ourselves. A lady in the nearby drugstore mentioned how much she liked it, so we searched it out. It is tucked away on the lower level of a small split level cluster of stores. Our lunch consisted of an arugula with parmesan salad and a large frutti di mare pizza. I am a huge fan of arugula and the first time I had this salad was in Italy. The Trattoria's salad was as good as any I've ever had, if not better. Our pizza was so loaded with seafood, we saved some for later. I am anxious to go back and try their dinner menu.

• Visited April 2013
New Castle, Colorado, United States
“Warm and inviting”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been to Trattoria at least a dozen times since it has opened. The food is to die for and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The staff is well prepared and always helpful. Save room for dessert as they make them in house everyday. Try the cheesecake it's out of this world.

• Visited February 2013