“The price is right” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The price is right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice stay last week at the Starlight Lodge. Nothing fancy, but homey, clean, secure, convenient location, pet friendly and very reasonably priced. The hot springs pool, miniature golf, shopping and a number of good restaurants are within short walking distance from the motel.
Maria and Teresa are very accommodating and they gave us lots of useful information about the area. We would not hesitate to return to this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I booked this lodge for a 2 night trip through Glenwood Springs. We'd been camping so getting something fancy wasn't a priority. They had a 2 room 3 bed accommodation that I thought would suit us fine even if the hotel is a little old. When we arrived the hotel attendant was an older woman whose sarcasm caught me off guard but I like interesting characters so this didn't put me off. She had about 15 jokes by the time we were out the door and into our room. When we entered the room it smelled like a smoking room although we had specifically requested non-smoking. I didn't want to say anything to the front desk lady partially because I didn't realize it was smoking until we came back from the hot springs and partially because I was kind of afraid of her dry sarcastic humor when I was on the brink of falling asleep. The room itself is older looking. Black carpet, ugly comforters but it did have clean sheets and an immaculate bathroom. I was able to see past the smell and the bad condition of the lodge but we had to check out early and find accommodations elsewhere because none of us slept well. The room was super hot at night even though the heater was off, someone outside had been running their car for what seemed like hours, and I could hear the neighbor coming in an out all night. I learned my lesson to never skimp on a hotel room. There is nothing worse than being grossed out by a room you have to sleep in and then having a terrible nights sleep. We ended up checking into the Hampton Inn which is brand new, right down the street, totally clean and only $30 more.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was driving from AZ and we were going to reach glenwood springs at 12:30 AM. All hotels closed check in by 11 PM. I called starlight on my way and the gentleman at the desk offered to wait up for me and keep a room ready.I also needed to stay in beyond check out time until afternoon. As soon as I reached he just checked me into our mountain view room and asked me to just

Room Tip: Room 21 has a lovely mountain view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Posh142
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Been going to Glenwood Springs with my family over the last 12 years. We wanted to stay close to the Hot Springs pool but stay at a reasonable price. We stayed 2 days here and was not very impressed with this place. We try to support Local family businesses when we go up to the mountains, but this was a big mistake. The sheets where dirty, the bathroom was not the cleanest. The fridge was unplugged and never really got cold until we left. When we told them we wanted a different room because of the condition the lady at the front desk told us they had no other rooms available, and did not want to fix the issues we had with the room when we first walked through it. Then house cleaning tried to come in at 8am then at 9:30 and then at 10:15 to clean the room when check out was 11am that day. When we came back from Skiing the 1st day the room was no cleaned but all the windows where wide open in the room and none of the issues we complained about in the room where addressed. I will never support this Hotel again and will let anyone who goes to Glenwood Springs to not stay at this place due to the conditions my family experienced during our 2 night stay.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here, not worth the savings.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Edward P
Superior, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

There is no way this motel is worth 4 stars, if so, these high ratings are ridged.
I have never been treated so poorly by anyone within 5 minutes.
I have called in advance more than once to confirm dogs are allowed to stay here, she was very friendly on the phone and welcoming. When we went to go check in the first thing she said to me was is your do going to bark? Not hello or welcome, just a dirty look and an attitude. She then went on to talk about how she gets so many complaints about dogs barking she that she wanted to take this accommodation off.
She then began to question how we got a cheap rate on the room when it is spring break. Isn't this her business shouldn't she know?!? She was rude to us the entire time we were checking in. She never said Hello or anything welcoming to us. She acted like we were a burden to her.
She also questioned us about our friends, who live in Glenwood, if they were trying to rip her off by staying with us. She even took their licenses plate number and peeked into their car to see if they were bringing anything. She told us the parking lot gets full so that why they could not park there. The parking lot was never half way full. So this motel does not accommodate visitors and pets.
The pictures of the room were 10 times better. The carpet was very dirty and everything was very old. There was even a car air fresher, the tree one, hanging in the bathroom. I have pictures. There was mold in the mirror and the tub. The room a stayed in had no microwave or mini-fridge, which I previously was promised.

The only good thing about this motel is that it is close to everything, thats all.
If you can handle terrible service and dirty rooms for a cheap price this is the place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarnyC00
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

On our 10 day, 10 state trip across the southwestern United States, this was one of our hotel/motel stays. It was a very, very nice surprise. The motel is pet friendly, and only charged $10 extra for our pets. The total charge was $65.95 including tax. There were some things others would find issue with, but for the price, you truly can't complain. The issues were small, our room had sticky carpet and the door is quite thin so you could hear traffic coming in/out (car doors closing, voices.) However, there were several other motels within the same block and this by far, was the most safe feeling. While other motel parking lots swarmed with loud people gathered in parking lots, dark unlit lots, ours was quiet and very well lit. There is also an on site laundry, and breakfast included. Very cute lobby/check in/reservation area.

Other than the sticky carpet, the room was immaculately clean and the beds were comfy. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, making recommendations for the nearby springs and restaurants. We stopped at Rosi's on their recommendation (see separate review) and were not disappointed. We will definitely stay with this motel on return trips to Glenwood Springs. We were very impressed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple time and I have to say I have always had a great experience. The lady (owner maybe) at the front desk is so kind and helpful and the rooms a cozy and comfortable. Great location and great prices year round! I would recommend this motel for anyone looking for something different from the chain hotels.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple