“Excellent location! Walking distance to Hot Springs! Very Clean!”

Glenwood Springs Inn
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent location, .2 miles from the Hot Springs, very easy walking distance. I drove up for one night from Boulder to take my kids to the hot springs pool over the Martin Luther King holiday. It met my three requirements, proximity to the Hot Springs, Cleanliness and safety. It is very affordable! The Best Western Antlers is next door and the Ramada is across the street, so the location of the Glenwood Motor Inn is as good or better than the name brand hotels, except you'll pay much less. It is a motel, so it is spartan as most motels are. It was extremely clean! the beds were comfortable, although I would bring my pillow from home, but I'd do that anytime I can, including car camping. We stayed warm and slept very well now we are ready to swim! With the money we saved staying here, it'll pay for the pool, dinner and breakfast.
Bonuses included; WiFi and flat screen TV's.

Room Tip: We were upstairs in room 220, close to the office. When we checked in they asked the kids not jump a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nice price and a quiet location, good price. Loved Rosi's restaurant next door (though a bit pricy?) and the fact that we were close enough to walk over to the hot springs. Rooms are no frills, not fancy, but not lacking either, and the yellow walls are a warm touch. I think the owner gave us a larger room than we had originally booked. It was #15 I think, and decently sized for a family of three. Small bathroom though (toilet and shower, sink was on the outside/in the room. Glad to have a fridge and microwave. When on a road trip this is a requirement! Plenty of hot water in the shower. Noisy walker persons above us but after 10 minutes or so at a period they seemed to stop wandering their room. Very slow wireless...pretty much non-functional, but that was probably due to distance from the base. Closer to the office likely would have had better connection.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank P-and-J-Travel
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The owners are very friendly. The room was very clean. We stay each year on a road trip. Would recommend to all, price is super value. Be sure to eat breakfast next door at Rosi's Little Bavarian, yum! Had problems when we ate at Tequila's across the street for dinner, poor service, rude manager when we complained.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had spent the day in Aspen visiting my sister who was there on business from Connecticut. I couldn't stay with my sister in Aspen because she was staying at a client's house and I didn't want to impose. I couldn't afford a room in Aspen so on short notice I called the Glenwood Motor Inn and they had a room available for me. The staff was excellent & the room was very clean & comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 120 was very clean & comfortable. The AC is a little loud but turning the AC fan to low mad...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I booked this place on the internet and prepaid. The ad says continental breakfast and wi-fi. The wi-fi didn't work and neither did the tv remote. And the breakfast consisted of coffee and toast. They try to steer you to the restaurant on the premises. We thought we'd give it a try. We waited to be seated for about 15 minutes. In that time, three separate people said the hostess will be with you shortly; we left and went across the street to the Village Inn. The place was very noisy; we were awaken multiple times during the night; noises from upstairs and the next room. The bedding and towels had a strong odor from dryer sheets; so if you have an allergy to this type of thing, beware.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank belee1011
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. This is a great location and the room was very clean with comfortable beds. The rooms are very basic, certainly- not fancy, but for the price, they are great. We had breakfast at the adjoining restaurant and it was delicious. The owner was so helpful and friendly. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a family operated motel and the room is old. The room is clean and comfortable, but the A/C is very noisy. There is no vent fan in the bathroom. It says it is in the walking distance of the hot springs pool, but it is still too long for us to walk there. The motel provides breakfast, but very simple three items. The office has no place to sit and eat. So this inn is just an ok one , not cheap for its current shape and conditions. BTW, the mom is nice but the daughter is not that patient if you ask her more questions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family