“Nice pool”
Review of Spa of the Rockies

Spa of the Rockies
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Drawing inspiration from the rich, thermal mineral waters of the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, the Spa of the Rockies features a group of mineral-based treatments that promote wellness and vitality. Thirty-four essential minerals are incorporated into certain signature hydrotherapy bath treatments, body polishes, body masks, massages, manicures and pedicures.The spa has eight treatment rooms including facial rooms and couples' suites as well as one specialized hydrotherapy treatment room for Vichy shower treatments. Other features include five hydrotherapy tubs for mineral baths and herbal soaks, two manicure stations and two pedicure thrones. Guests can enjoy a pre or post treatment steam in the locker room, as well as relax in the Serenity Room, a co-ed relaxation suite where soundproof windows give views of the pool without the noise.
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

We thought the pool was really nice. It did not have as strong of a scent as some of the other hot springs, which was nice. It was very relaxing. The spa itself was ok, but the person at their front desk made it a less than enjoyable experience. If we go back, we’ll visit the pool, but not the spa next time.

Date of experience: May 2018
"nice pool"
"sore muscles"
"diving board"

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Drove up from Denver and from the moment I laid down till I walked out the door I was treated w/the upmost respect. Except for a sizing mistake w/a robe I truly had a very enjoyable time. My therapist found muscles I didn't even know I had and worked so many kinks and aches out of me that I felt like a new man. Will be back!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Love these pools. We stay at the lodge which includes your pool passes. Also breakfast was in the morning. Snack shop with a great selection.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed November 2, 2017

My husband and I came in about a couple of months ago for an anniversary massage, and it was such a great day! I had Lori, who is absolutely wonderful, and a fantastic massage therapist. I strongly recommend her! My husband had Rose (for the second time), and he also loved his treatment, as she provides great detailed work. We are picky when it comes to the quality of massages and spa treatments, and these ladies rock! Thank you for a wonderful massage day!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank jfrp2007
See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Drove from Aspen to Glenwood to enjoy the hot springs and have a massage with my husband. From the day I made the appts. To the day we arrived I can’t say enough about the friendliness of the staff. They had all the answers and were eager to help.
My husband and I had the salt massage for 90 minutes with a 15 minute foot bath prior to the massage. To start they can skip that it was a bit silly, it was done in the serenity room and lasted about 5 minutes. Next we were taken to our couples massage room which was very nice! The facility itself is very clean and offers all the amenities that you would expect in a spa, in fact you can see they keep it updated as well!
The only downside for myself was I could tell the masseuse was new, I said I like it firm and she said no problem, I could tell by the strength of her fingers she didn’t have it in here! In addition she kept stopping in between to get the hot stones but there was no flow and instead of leaving the stones on the body to absorb the leftover warmth she immediately removed them and put them away. I had a feeling that she was watching the other gal to follow her lead, my husband said his masseuse was ok! Also to me a body massage includes the head she didn’t even touch it.
Oh well all in all it was a good day and it was relaxing. I think the hot springs should be offered as a part of the Spa package and not an extra charge.

Date of experience: October 2017