“Beautiful lake and falls, go early in the day”
Review of Hanging Lake Trail

Hanging Lake Trail
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Go early in the day or you may end up waiting for parking. This was my second trip (last one in Sept 1997). The trail is steep at points and offers a great cardio work out. The lake at the top is beautiful and they have a board walk type trail around it now. Another option would be to ride your bike along the river path from Glenwood Springs. This is what I wanted to do, but currently the path has washed out just past Grizzly Creek.

3  Thank Kelsie05
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We really enjoyed the hike and views at Hanging Lake. The hike was very difficult, but worth it at the end - the lake was magnificent and the views of the mountains, trees and waterfalls were breathtaking. I would highly recommend this.

4  Thank toddraber
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My kids (10 and 8) and I did this hike and loved it. None of us are hikers and we found this trail to be fun, beautiful and adventurous. It is pretty steep so we took lots of breaks and made sure to drink lots of water. The treat at the top was worth the climb! We would definitely recommend this hike to others.

7  Thank lapril24
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Incredible! The view is spectacular! The hike on the other hand was difficult. It's 1.5 miles up a mountain. You are climbing on rocks, boulders, and crossing over bridges. You see some of the most beautiful scenery though. When you do this hike, remember to wear good shoes, preferably something with a good grip, plenty of water, sunscreen, a hiking stick definitely helps, I recommend a hat, your camera, pack a lunch for when you reach the top (remember to take your trash with, let's keep it beautiful) but most of all enjoy it. Take your time, take in the scenery, and take lots of pics.

If you want to see the rest of the pics I took, please visit my online photo gallery: http://picasaweb.google.com/FRMphotography

8  Thank ndpndnt
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Went in july... No snow... Awesome weather... Superb falls... Nice lake...

3  Thank Bachi143