“Charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Canyon Resort
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Charming”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was there the last week of September 2012,I am from Clearwater Florida,I saw and did so much but the best part of my vacation was staying here. The cabin was fantastic and had everything we needed. We went out to dinner in town got back around 11:00pm. Took a walk down to the river, it was a night before a full moon it was lit up so bright the reflection was breathtaking and just when I thought my gosh a train came by it was simply amazing. Kevin you rock, I'll be back. Carrie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Denver
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and had a blast. We took advantage of the bike passes and the hot springs passes that were a part of our trip. It was fantastic!

The cabin was cozy and clean and accepted our dogs (this can be a struggle when we travel).

Room Tip: There is no luxury cabin on the water! Just be aware!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a business trip to Denver and decided to extend it for the weekend hoping to get up in the mountains for some fun. Looking forward to some whitewater rafting, hiking, mountain bike riding, etc. These folks developed an entire package including; picking me up in Denver and taking me back to the airport, Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, zip lining, ropes course, BBQ, soaking in natural hot springs only known to the locals and an awe inspiring view from my suite overlooking the river. Everyone from the driver, guides, and the owners were all very welcoming and made the weekend fun and very special.

Glenwood Canyon Resort is set in a mountain valley right along the river. They have cabins (large and small), camp sites, RV parking for any size and a couple suites with 2 king size bedrooms that over look the river and have some of the most beautiful views in the world. People were out fishing in the river catching some nice fish for dinner. There are 14 miles of paved trails along the river to the south and a 2 mile paved trail to the north that leads right into Glenwood Springs. Wildlife is abundant and the opportunity to see black bears, elk and other wildlife exists.

I look forward to going back in the winter with my family. Skiing is nearby and I'm sure we can find many things to do in the winter. But we may decide to just sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the mountains and the spectacular views.

Glenwood Springs Resort is great for the adventurer, adrenaline junkie, family, RV'er, fisherman, or for those who want to relax and get away from it all. Either way you will enjoy great service and unbeatable views.

Thank you all for making my weekend and giving me some great memories.

Room Tip: I didn't notice a fitness center but at Glenwood Canyon Resort who needs one. There are enough t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'd made reservations based on what I could see of the place on-line. We wanted a reasonably-priced family (of 5) trip on a long holiday weekend in Feb.
By the time we arrived it was about 10 p.m. (due to being evacuated off the highway because of a potential avalanche! Could it get any more exciting for a flat-lander?)
When we arrived the office was closed, but I had called during our delay so the key to our cabin had been left for us.
The cabin was perfect...the loft (which my younger kids LOVED) slept 2, and there was a sofa sleeper in the living room for our 17 yr. old.
The kitchen was great- we were able to save some $ and not have to eat out.
We were there to ski at Sunlight Mt., so didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin. If we had, it might have felt a little cramped.
Overall, a very nice place- it fit our needs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided at the last minute to get out of Denver for the weekend. The phone help was slightly average but the host "Kevin" was amazing! The 2 Bedroom suite was excellent! Super big with lots of room. The King bed was very comfy and the linens were first class! I would go again and stay there! The busy summer season might be a little noisy as the "suites" overlook the bar and zipline viewing area! Check it out!

Room Tip: It is near the bike trail and hanging lake hiking trail.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Months ago I spoke with a very friendly person over the phone as we had to book in somewhere as the place our event was going was full. The website looked good and we booked a large family cabin. It was a bit pricey, but it's Colorado on Labor Day, so we figured oh well. When we arrived, we noticed that all of the campsites and cabins were very close together, but our larger cabin (it was a new doublewide basically) had a little more breathing room. Would not have wanted to camp there as there was a train that came by probably 6-8 times a day and blew it's horn (and in the night). Check in person was not familiar with customer service and gave me a list of rules like I was a 14 year old. asked if the list of rules was in the cabin, they said no. Asked for a copy so I could be sure to follow-no. Fines for lost keys, late check, were in the $100+!! Didn't set a stellar mood. The place itself was nice enough. Had most of what you needed (full kitchen, bathrooms, lovely view) just when looking at the bottom line and how rudely the check in folks were (my husband tried to make a copy of a map and then said they were too busy) I felt like I was really getting ripped off.
On a GOOD note, the little bar/restaurant was kind of cool to have. Debbie the bartender and Kevin, who I think managed the whole area (pity he's not at the front desk) were absolutely friendly, helpful, and made up for some of the negative. Not sure if I would go back though. I think I would opt for something in Glenwood Springs proper so one could walk to things, etc. And maybe they'd be happy to have me there. Guys, work on that service, seriously.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank barbsmb
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Glenwood Canyon Resort was perfect. We went up to do some hiking and rafting and couldnt have asked for more. First off the deluxe cabin was an amazing value. Very spacious, clean and had everything you could need. The location was awesome as well. Only a few miles from hanging lake trail and just a couple minute drive into town and the hot springs. Would recommend this any day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple