Glenwood Springs Hostel
Glenwood Suites(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$127
AscendHotels
Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$155
$150
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn & Suites On The River(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$124
$114
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$154
Hampton.com
Hotel Colorado(Glenwood Springs)
$189
Hotel Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$200
Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotel Denver(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$204
Glenwood Springs Inn(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Travelocity
Best Western Antlers(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$184
$127
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Really nice and friendly hostel. I was really worried after reading reviews about coming here. I dont like staying in hostels much, because they are usualy dirty and crowded, but I really really enjoyed my stay here. It is very clean and there were not many people staying here(maybe because it is the winter). Everyone here was here to ski and were really friendly. Its like a big house and I didnt really notice much that we were sharing it with other people because it was so quiet. Our room was not in the main building, as we had a private room. Dorms are in the main building. Being in the other building meant we did not have to leave the room in the day time and there is a dog here but he didnt come in our building at all. I hardly saw him. Glenwood Springs is a lovely area and you can go for beautiful bike rides. I would definately advise this hostel. It is also so cheap.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

This Is a fantastic Little hostel that really does care about its guests,

Everyone around Glenwood is really friendly and positive anr you are able to meet some really nice people at the hostel. Everyone at the hostel seemed very respectfull of other guests which was fantastic.

Enjoy

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2009

It was a blast to socialize with all kinds of people every night. With poeple coming and going there was never a dull moment

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Im at the Glenwood springs hostel unfamiliar with what they are actually but there are people in the kitchen downstairs cooking their owns meals I have not met them yet you have options you can book a private room I learned this or you can bunk with others Im just learning about hostels about an hour ago 2 young kids took off for their adventure with backpacks and my gear is all wrong no hiking boots and you need them or shoes. The kitchen is for hostellers I bought the starving tourist package even though I was here 2 years ago it was snowing and 12 degrees . The kitchen has a refrigerator you shop for and label your own food the hostel overlooks the rocky mountains and I found lodges in the area for a one nights stay. The kitchen is for your use I think maybe not sure even if you rent a private roomfor you to save cash so that you from london and new zealand and japan or wherever you can save cash to see Glenwood Springs Colorado.

I would recommend that you put together a menu before you get here stuff restaurants would have and cook it here .

The main house is closed from 10 am to 5 pm you have to bring anything your going to need out of the main house but you can use the lower sectionof the hostel to store your luggage and your things bring all your stuff food and clothing downstairs from 10 to 5 you get a combination to enter the hostel and must have one.
I would recommend a bike a mountain bike.
From the Greyhound Bus terminal it costs 12.00 one way in a taxi cab its about 2 felt like 5 miles from the bus station to the hostel a long way with a bike it would be easier to carry a fold up bike there is an ironing board and an iron and a microwave the kitchen is fully equipped and I see a barbecue grill if you want to barbecue your food outside and a smoking section .

Im here doing work and brought my work with me its heavy and I have to finish it here I bought the starving tourist package which is $48.00 for 4 days and 4 nights lodging and accomodations, recommend it for groups of teens want to see stuff normally could not see it at all ever at all and for couples and for children and families. Theyy have one permenant resident she was here when I was here 2 years ago. Im on my way to needles and found a permenant place wanted to see glenwood have work to do i have to lighten my load just cannot carry anymore.

I would recommend at night kind of cool but not that cold and mountain gear a bike would be great i see some bikes dont know if those are for guests or belong to guests they have everything that you need .

You just go grocery shopping about 5 blocks from here and I know there is a hot springs 3 blocks from here and a 7-11 next door to the hostel,

If you had a bike you could save $24.00 by biking from the Greyhound station a fold up bike but you could and invest in a storage unit with public storage the first month is $29.00 if you are internationally travelling on the Greyhound Ameripass this would help to find these on your path. I found no lockers for travellers at all. You may need more than one storage unit if you are travelling internationally

I found car rentals as low as $12.00 per day need a lot of cash for deposits along the way huge discounts on the web like Priceline.com

I found the hostels is for very young people but they are for the very young and the elder hostels age requirement is 55 at least years of age so if your 35 and up not going to fit into the hostels at all but you wont any of them very young travellers . Even families would be fine in the bunks but might as well rent a hotel room by yourselves the hostel would charge you per person its worth it to bring your children to the hostel a few times see what its like.

I found a cuban restaurant next door and a spa across the street too and the hostel is sitting in the rocky mountains very huge sets of mountains around the hostel but finding the winter more interesting with the snow during the holidays . Toilet paper is provided and you share the bathrooms with others no one in the bathrooms and they have a stove in the kitchen you can make quiche or cookies no one is but I would have it all planned out and would run to the store or take the public transit that picks up virtually in front of the hostel and will take you to the grocery store it is very cheap not like canada 5.00 butter a stick and 7.00 gallons of milk and 15.00 pouches of Top tobacco if you smoke it is 1.99 here just compare not just the tobacco its everything you can find cheaper in the grocery store the margarine is .79 cents for 4 sticks of butter not in canada 5.00 for one stick, but you can find deals in Vancouver the bakery sells 3/1.00 rolls in Chinatown , but glenwood springs colorado is very small I found 1 grocery store and it is very good prices.

You can charcoal gas grill with safe environmental briskets and cook anything at all. I was very late the bus became stuck in Denver Broncos football game traffic and there was an oil truck crash and spill. I missed an entire day of my reservation on my way to needles, CA.
I would bring nothing to the hostels the shampoo is only .79 cents very large bottle of it and the conditioner too but going to find very young people in the hostels its like staying at a fully furnished efficiency it has electric

The hostel has wifi internet access also if you bring your laptop you can access this 24 hours a day.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank jingle62
Reviewed July 26, 2005

This hostel is great for those on a tight budget. The price is way below other hotels are in the area - with a private room being about 1/2 the cost of the cheapest motel room we could find. Its friendly with the typical mix of hostel travellers. There are games to play in the common areas, cheap internet access, and laundry. That said, the place could use some cleaning. The rugs were a little dirty and the shower was almost unusable - BRING FLIP FLOPS! For $1 you get rough but clean sheets and a small towel. Note that even the private rooms use a loft, so that if you want to sleep next to your honey - be prepared to climb up and down a ladder and hit your head on the light. Note that there are no air conditioners. For us, the nights were cool enough with a fan, but it might not always be the case. The owner is a very friendly person - as are all who work there. The best part of staying here was hanging out in the common areas at night - talking to people and playing games. They also have a great album collection (LP) which is really fun to flip through and think of younger days. In the evening, there is usually a LP being played - FUN! It was very relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2005