“Friendly and good for coffee/tea, light breakfast, visiting”
Review of Sacred Grounds

Sacred Grounds
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Denver, Colorado
“Friendly and good for coffee/tea, light breakfast, visiting”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The owner's dog, a friendly French Boxer, was tethered near the counter, and one of the owners was up for visiting with customers on a not-so-busy Monday morning. It's the kind of coffee shop where one goes to the counter to order, both drink and food. They have bagels, muffins, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches as well as specialty coffees. The kitchen is very small and behind one counter, an area dedicated to assembling, not to actual cooking.

Truly hot tea water is hard to come by in Colorado (altitude), and Sacred Grounds understands tea drinkers like me, pulling the water from the steamer and providing a selection of Two Leaves and a Bud teas. According to my husband the regular coffee was fine, not outstanding. The bagels were very good; I got my 7-grain with jalapeño cream cheese (good), but would go for egg next time. He had oatmeal - average, and they poured the milk on top when he'd have preferred on-the-side. The accompanying strawberries were excellent.

Coffee shop prices, comfortable atmosphere; one feels welcome to hang out.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Linda D

Springfield, Illinois
“A lovely little classic coffee shop”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This little place is out of the way on the main drag in town, but the service, food and coffee drinks are impeccable. This was not my first visit and won't be my last.

Visited January 2014
Basalt, Colorado
“Yum”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Love the iced chai!!! And after a horrible experience at Starbucks in the meadows, I will come here for coffee always!!!

Windsor, Colorado
“Cute place, terrible coffee”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ok I admit it, I am a coffee snob and am hard to please. We were waiting for our table down the street and being sick of hotel coffee decided to have a cup while waiting. The place is kind of neat, but the taste of the coffee was awful. I got a shot in the dark and since I love espresso usually I love them. I had to add cream and sugar (which I NEVER do) and I still could not choke it down. We both ended up having our waitress at the other place throw them out nearly full. The wifes cappuccino tasted like milk warmed in a microwave.

The tables in this place are cheap and un-sturdy. If you sit down plan on everyone having to hold their drinks off the table or have them spill all over. Mine spilled twice on the high table so we moved to a short one and it will spilled.

Take a pass on this places steep prices and just get an equivalent quality cup in a 7-eleven or something.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank zachariahtimothy
Colorado
“So-So breakfast”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Daily Bread was closed, so this was honestly our 2nd choice for breakfast. The space is nice, the menu is large and the staff is friendly. We ordered biscuits and gravy and were less than satisfied. This is really something that should be ordered at a place with a grill and full kitchen. So it was our fault. A bagel sandwich would have been a much wiser choice. The coffee was strong and hot and I left with a full belly, so I really cant complain. They are dog friendly, and we got the chace to meet a sweet, very well behaved Golder Retiever as a result. They have loads of sandwiches and other treats on their menu which we did not try, but it looks as if there is a little something there for everyone.

• Visited December 2013