This hotel is ideally suited for a vist to the hot springs in Glenwood Springs. It's just a 10-minute walk away; best to leave your car at the hotel and take the short walk rather than look for parking nearer the pool. Overall my family and I had a comfortable stay. Andrew on the front desk was great at check-in. I was pleased that we had been upgraded to a suite even though we were using Priority Club points; a pleasant surprise.
The hotel itself is a little on the old side so the rooms and the facility are showing some small signs of wear and tear. However, the outdoor pool was great especially under a bright moon (although the hot tub jets weren't very efficient). Sitting outside for breakfast was nice, although the staff could have been a little more proactive in keeping the food stocked up. (I'm used to Alamosa's Holiday Inn Express where the dining room staff are always asking if you'd like a refill or offering to clear away your plates. None of that at Glenwood Springs, however.) Also, the staff might want to close the door to the kitchen (full of boxes, etc.) when guests are getting their breakfast (not the most aesthetic sight first thing in the morning). One other suggestion: keep an eye out for the untidy elevator (small pieces of paper no doubt dropped by guests which were still there several hours later). This detracted a little from our arrival.
Overall, however, the staff seem committed to guest comfort and it was interesting to hear the manager giving his kitchen staff a pep talk as I was working on the computer after breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenwood Springs (Aspen Area). Whether traveling on business or on pleasure, this Glenwood Springs Hotel is the perfect choice offering free Smart Hot Buffet Breakfast, free Complimentary Wireless High-Speed Internet and the best hotel value in the Glenwood Springs / Aspen area! Convenient location just four blocks from the famous Hot Springs Pool. Adjacent to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs newest area attraction open year around . Conveniently located near Ski Sunlight Resort or enjoy Aspen / Snowmass Ski Resort just 40 minutes from the hotel. Many restaurants and entertainment venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Ask about our packages! Group room rates also available by calling the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Holiday Inn