“Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel was nice and the rooms were clean, however I can't say that about the hallways and the elevator, There was a pizza box in the hallway from the night we arrived (thurs) until Saturday night and the eleveators looked like they haven't been vaccumed in about a month. The hot tub was out our whole visit which not a big deal things happen and they allowed us to use the hot tub and pool at the hotel next door. The continental breakfast was good and the service was good just a little cleaning issues is the problem. I would stay again.

1  Thank DOLPHIN0308
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear "DOLPHIN0308: Thank you so much for your review and input on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate guests letting us know their concerns and what we may need to improve on. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and especially happy to hear that you will choose to stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Despite being a Priority Club member we got stuck with a room next to the elevator which is both noisy and smaller than the other rooms in the hotel since the elevator juts out into the room. The hgiway noise is also pretty bad. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room at either end of the corrider bt not on the side facing the Interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcoastguy77
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear "westcoastguy": We would like to thank you for being a Priority Club member as well as staying with us at our Hotel. We are sorry you were disappointed with your room and your stay with us. We hope that you would choose to stay with us on your next visit to Glenwood Springs. Room requests are always considered and relocating you to a different room would always also be an option. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've stayed here many times, and the service is generally one of the best parts of my stay. I've always had a good experience here. Two tips, stay either on the top floor, or the suite on the first floor next to the elevator. If you get stuck below a room, you'll be hearing footstep and bangs all night. Also, some rooms are better than others in this hotel, as far as appearance and comfort, which is strange. We upgraded to the "vaulted ceiling" room and were very happy with the selection. Good size for small family. They do a good job with room service and of course the hotel offers a decent little free breakfast. They have a small pool outside, with a patio, so another win for the family. The hot tub was lukewarm at best. They also have a deal witht he hotel next door so ou can use their indoor pool. I think it costs extra, not sure. The location isn't he best here. Close tot he highway, and really not walkable to downtown. Technically you could do it, but it's a stretch. There is a good sandwich shop next door, (Chomps) and an awesome Mexican restaurant (Tequillas) right down the street. Also, if you're with your family, the tram for Adventure Park is a 5min walk. The hot springs pool is walkable, but an easy 2min drive away. Overall, I've enjoyed my stays here. Are there better options? Yes, but with the price this is a fine option.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear "theinsurancetraveler": Thank you for staying with us once again! We always appreciate our return Guests as well as your comments on TripAdvisor. It's always nice to upgrade to the Suite as you did - great Suite, very roomy indeed. We are glad you enjoyed the great restaurants and activities while you were in Glenwood Springs also. We are all definitely looking forward to your next family visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We recently booked 5 rooms for a family event in the area. Unfortunately, we were put on the third floor, which included 'smoking' rooms mixed right alongside the non-smoking rooms. When you reached the 3rd floor, the smell was enough to make us all wince. Imagine the nastiest smelling bar where people smoke from 7am-2pm and it's never cleaned ... and that's what it smelled like! It was honestly hard to comprehend how it could smell so bad. Other then that, the hotel was great. It seemed as if the other floors didn't have the same problem, so be sure to skip the 3rd floor. Many of the rooms were also understocked on towels, etc., so we had to ask the desk.

Room Tip: Don't book the 3rd floor.
1  Thank NBcares
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear "RubyEHeart": Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate good comments as well as critiques and suggestions. We apologize for the smoking smell as well as the shortage on the towels. We are also happy that you did mention that the Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs is "great". Thank you again, and we hope you will stay with us on your next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed 1 night in a suite on the third floor. (it was the only room left with 2 queen beds). The room was very big (cathedral ceilings) clean, quiet, and very comfortable (including the beds) Cable tv included many stations and the wifi was excellent. The room included a nice size mini fridge and microwave. My husband enjoyed the warm cookies (I would have preferred regular chocolate cookie rather than white chocolate). The breakfast was standard motel breakfast foods. Due to the usual quality we bring our own which is why a good fridge is important to us. Our only complaint was the cigarette smell we had to walk through to get to our room. You would think by now all hotels would ban smoking (especially since many states have laws against it in public places) Due to my allergies it affected me a bit....don't understand why one would allow this to ruin their facility when it is just as easy for them to have a sitting place outside (cigarette smoke embeds itself into everything..). Otherwise, great location to a park and trail along the river.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear "IloinenCamper": Thank you for your review about our Hotel. We are really glad you enjoyed the Suite - the cathedral ceilings make that Suite special. You are correct, we still do accommodate those guests who smoke, still having three smoking rooms in the top corner of the building. It definitely is not ideal for nonsmokers, and we apologize for the discomfort it brought you. The world definitely does seem to be leaning to banning smoking indoors altogether. Please do let us know when you stay with us again so we may have you stay in a room away from the smoking floor.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family spent the night here while visiting the area. The front desk personnel was very helpful in switching my 1 bed room to one with 2 beds in them. They even asked me how everything was as I came and went from the building a few times.

The room was clean and well cared for. Even though the window view was less than to be desired, the clean and well equipped facilities made up for it. To top it off, they had an excellent breakfast spread consisting of hot pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits, various juices and much more.

I would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank benducklow

Dear "benducklow": Thank you so much for your recommendation of our Hotel on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate that as the very best compliment. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as your stay here in Glenwood Springs. It's nice that our Front Desk was able to accommodate you and move you to a larger room with an additional bed. Additionally, yes, the hot complimentary breakfast in the morning is an excellent way to start off the day. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just recently completed a stay at this property, after spending a few days in the Colorado Mountains. This property is located right next door to a Hampton Inn, a lrge public park a short walk away, and the gondola / tram that takes you up to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. It is also within walking distance to the Hot Springs if parking is an issue.

This is my 3rd time at this property, but had not been there in a few years.

I checked in at approx 4 pm and the room that I had reserved ( a 2 room suite with 3 queen beds, was ready, which is always a plus for any property. The service at check in was efficient and thorough.

After examining the room, we came to the conclusion that the other bedroom did not have a TV in it, as stated in the room description, and evident by the cable tv and power cords behind the empty tv stand. This was one of the reason I had booked this room to begin with so I went to the front desk to inquire about it. The front desk clerk said they had to borrow a tv from my room for another room and that there were not any extras. He said he would give me a bill credit for the inconveinence..more on that later...

The room was well furnished...old school window mounted air conditioners / heaters...comfortable beds..good selection of tv channels...and pretty quiet over all since we were on a room at the end of the hall.

Bathroom : There was only 3 bath towels for a room that could hold 6 people, so I had to go downstairs to the front desk get some more....Cleaning issue.. I am pretty tall so sometimes I see things that need to be cleaned that someone shorter might now, so take notice..Along the top edge of the bathtub/shower enclosure there was a very thick layer of dust/dirt that had not been wiped down in a while, I took it upon myself to clean this so I wouldn't have to look at it, so the staff there should investigate this in all the bathrooms and "HIGH" items/edges in the rooms.

Breakfast : I think the breakfast at most Holiday Inn Express is getting "tired", and I am tired of eating from Styrofoam bowls, very small spoons and watered down OJ...The generic cereal and reheated frozen eggs...I think I would be happier with just finding a nice breakfast place in town that even par take in any HI Express Breakfast in the future.

Check out : The bill that was slipped under my door did not have the room credit on it for the tv that the clerk mentioned the night before, so I had to re explain my self to the morning desk clerk and she was reluctant to even do it...my suggestion is that if they say they are going to credit your room, have them do it and then get a receipt at that moment..it will be my practice in the future..

Would I stay there again..maybe...there are 2 newer properties in town that I might go to instead next time.

1  Thank ColoMoon
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear "ColoMoon": Thank you for your return visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs. We appreciate when people come back, it's a great compliment. Also, we greatly appreciate any comments which suggest things we need to improve on. These items you included in your review will definitely be brought up to the appropriate departments for improvement and correction for future guests. We do apologize for any inconveniences for you. We do hope that on your next visit to Glenwood Springs you will once again choose to stay with us .