“Clean, Spacious, Lovely!”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Aurora, CO
“Clean, Spacious, Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at the HIE in Glenwood Springs for one night after attending a wedding in nearby Carbondale. Typically, I'm the type of person who searches for the cheapest deals in hotel rooms, graciously looking past noise and filth just to save a couple of bucks. In fact, were it not for some friends also staying the hotel, I probably would have looked for a hotel in the 60-80 dollar range. However, the extra money I spent was well worth it as our experience was fabulous!

First, the hotel and room was clean. Really, really clean. The room was extremely spacious, everything worked, and it was super quiet. We had the breakfast in the morning--above average for a hot hotel breakfast. Be sure to try the crazy instant pancake machine that they've got. All of the staff that we encountered were very nice.

This hotel would be ideal if you're looking to ski Aspen without Aspen costs. The drive is about 35 minutes. Of course, Glenwood is cool too. The only drawback that I can think of about the hotel is that it's not a comfortable walking distance to the downtown area (south side of I-70 as other hotels might be. But if you're a walker, by all means, do it!

All in all, this experience might convince me to upgrade to Holiday Inns in my future travels...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
We appreciate the feedback given in this review and are always anxious to hear comments from our guests so we may continue to improve our product and services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

As usual, Holiday Inn Express never lets me down. I am always confident that I will have a great stay. And I was surprised this trip to find a machine that automatically makes pancakes! What a wonderful idea and an alternative to waffles.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
“Great as always”

We believe in delivering the same experience with the Brand.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife & I would like to express our great experience while at the Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs. We would like to single out Charlie , he really made us feel welcomed and valued. He went the extra mile to make us feel as comfortable as possible. This was on Oct 8th & 9th.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
“Great guest service”

Charlie, believes in providing a quality guest experience and exceeding expectations.

Thank you for the comments.
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I arrived exhausted after driving for hours in the pouring rain along with a ton of other people in the rush hour from Aspen. I was really stressed out and just ready to collapse when I got to the hotel. First off I was greeted with fresh cookies in the lobby. Then the very nice lady at the front desk told me that she had upgraded me to a king suite with a jacuzzi! What a pleasant surprise!

The hotel was well-kept and smelled fresh...none of that hotel antiseptic kind of smell. The room was awesome! It was huge with a separate room for sitting or office work...there were even two flat screen TVs. The bedding and towels were exceptionally clean, soft, and comfortable. I slept very well with no worries about cleanliness. I really wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
“Best Hotel Ever!”

Thank you for the amazing comments we look forward to your return visit.
Johnstown, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was especially friendly and helpful, especially the woman who attended the breakfast area. She made every guest feel special and went out of her way to make sure we were happy and well fed! The level of service she provided was top notch!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
“Great place to stay!”

Thank you for the comments and the feedback.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs has a great value for the price. The hotel staff are very friendly and care about their guests. The continental breakfast each morning is excellent and they keep the food supplied as long as the guests are coming into the great room. The rooms are average, but comfortable. The suite was an excellent value and it was nice having a small area off of the main room with the bed for sitting on the couch watching TV, relaxing or working at the table. The jacuzzi tub took too long to fill, however, and wasn't as nice as I was expecting. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in Glenwood Springs, CO.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I, for my birthday, deceided to go to Glenwood since we hadn't been there since 1983 and as I love the mountains in Colorado. The hotel is in a great location and close to restaurants and the interstate. The room was clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and very helpful with directions, where to dine, etc. The cold lemon water and basket of apples at the front desk was a nice touch and very welcome after the drive and with the altitude and heat. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: look into the suites as they are not much more than a regular room and much more space to spread out