“Concept and food are fabulous, needs more kid-friendliness”
Review of GRIND

GRIND
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Please check out our facebook profile for our daily specials and pictures: can't post links on here but it is under Grind Glenwood. Thanks!
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
“Concept and food are fabulous, needs more kid-friendliness”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We live in Glenwood Springs and have been impressed with Grind since its opening. What a cool idea, with options for just about every palate and preference! The new location just improves the experience, with great views of Grand Avenue and a hip feel. Every grind and side we've had has been superb.

The only reason I gave four stars is the lack of options for kids. On this particular visit, the special was two Sliders, which was perfect for my 4- and 6-year old to share. If there were more options like this on the regular menu it would really help. There is always the possibility of a side and/or splitting a grind but it would just be nice to have more choices for kids or smaller appetites. Also, during the wait for the food to be prepared (which I'm not complaining about at all; I love how fresh everything tastes!) it would be nice to have coloring pages or games for kids other than the bank of arcade games along one wall. In the meantime, if you plan to bring kids here, bring something for them to do while they wait!

• Visited November 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Fresh, original food that tastes fantastic!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The Grind was the perfect lunch spot during our trip to Glenwood Springs. Very relaxed, open atmosphere with very good out of the ordinary offerings. All of the meats used are freshly prepared. I had the 'cordon bleu'. Ground chicken and ham topped with a sweet mustard, Swiss and pears. It was outstanding!
I highly recommend!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jmichealr
Centennial, Colorado
“Best. Burger. Ever.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My companion had the blackened chicken salad and raved about it, too.

I had the All-American. Simple, straightforward, no-frills, just great. The onion rings were definitely top shelf, too.

They moved, by the way. They are now upstairs at the little "mall" just south of the pot shop.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank David L
Boise, Idaho
“Good Food, Nice Service, Zero Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were just making a quick stop in Glenwood Springs and were open to any friendly dining experience. The Grind provided that. Beef-mushroom burger was very good and the wife's chicken burger also was very enjoyable. Onion rings were excellent, but the french fries could have been crisper. Seemed like really nice people and the service was pretty quick for food that was clearly being custom made. Ambiance? Yeah, well it is up in the mountains, and most of the customers seemed comfortable in flannel and jeans, so no, don't expect great decorations or a warm, cozy atmosphere. It's fairly big and open, a bit noisy if there are kids there, but overall a nice, casual dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
“My wives review will differ greatly”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

There were a lot of choices in the area. After my first choice was closed we selected this place.

Atmosphere is minimal but i really enjoyed that. Good music playing, staff were really good.

I got a bacon cheese burger. I really couldnt put my finger on what was a little odd about the burger. It wasnt bad, just different. I cant say if it was the condiments or the burger. Again just different.

My wife loved her burger but she can leave her own review.

Would i go back? - its worth another try.

• Visited October 2013