“55 yr. old rode a Segway! (And didn't fall off!)”

Glenwood Adventure Company
Red Mountain Off-Road Segway Adventure
Ranked #3 of 15 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Glenwood Adventure Company in Glenwood Springs stands ready to put together the adventure that is right for you and your family. We are uniquely positioned to provide activities in some of the best areas of the Rocky Mountains. We offer Whitewater rafting, Biking, Horseback Riding, Segway tours, ATV and RZR tours, Snowmobile tours as well as Duckies,and Paddle board Rentals in some of the most majestic terrain in the world. Our capable staff has years of experience in the outdoors and local knowledge that distinguishes us from the pack and provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My group of 4 - ages from mid - 40's to 70 all rode the Segways. You have to sign a liability waiver and put on a helmet (provided) before riding one. Thomas, instructor, was very knowledgeable and patient. After the initial apprehension about the machines, it was a lot of fun. We opted for the 1 hour tour thru town. You are essentially standing on the foot platform the entire time. The handlebars control left/right. You go forward/back by applying pressure to the front/back of the foot pads. They have several gyro's controlling the stability - which allows them to stay upright. Incredible machines! Balance is important, however. They say that if you can't stand on one foot, and hop 3 times without losing your balance, you should not attempt to ride one. If you can do this however, go for it! It's a ton of fun, and you can add this to your "bucket list" accomplishments.

1  Thank texastravelfan1234
in 5 reviews
"a lot of fun"
"life jackets"

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We took a horseback ride on a gorgeous fall day. What a great time of year to do this. Our horses were good, responsive and patient. As we rode the golden leaves were falling around us. The wrangler was the real deal, knowledgable and engaging. My eight-year old daughter thought it was the perfect day. Glenwood Adventure Company made it so easy! It really doesn't get any better!! I wish there were more stars to give!

1  Thank imafan_5
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We popped in to Glenwood Adventure Company to enquire about horse riding and cycling but Ken persuaded us to go whitewater rafting that very morning. Scott drove us back to our hotel to get changed and then we were kitted out with safety helmet, life vest and off we went. We are not thrill-seekers at all and I can't believe we actually signed up to do it but so glad we did as we had the best experience ever! Looking back at the photos that were taken on our trip down the river we were laughing and smiling the whole time and will never forget our trip on the Colorado. Must mention our rafting buddies, Chris, Jill, Daniel and Jason, thanks for making the trip so memorable and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. The following day we hired bikes and were dropped at the end of the bike trail to cycle back to town and also stopped to hike up to Hanging Lake, again such a brilliant day, we will never forget our time at Glenwood Springs and a big thank you to Ken, Scott and Jason for putting the biggest smiles on our faces ever!!!

1  Thank melanies752
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am Canadian - currently living and working in South Korea. Was visiting my brother in Denver. He suggested doing a Segway tour. Sounded good to me since I had never been on one. But, I thought my niece was too small and would not be able to do the tour with us. The guys at Glenwood Adventure Company let her try anyway - and she passed with flying colors. It was great that they even gave her a chance. But, the best part was our guide Thomas - he had all six of us going in no time. He said our group was one of the best groups he has ever had - so we were able to see some places that maybe other groups are not able. Thomas was really good with everyone in our group - from the 70 year old guy to my 9 year old niece. The Segways were amazing to travel around on - and the tour was great. It was certainly the highlight of my trip home. Thank you to Thomas and all the people at Glenwood Adventure Company.

2  Thank Darren S