“Class Act”

Cross street: Cooper
Boulder, Colorado
“Class Act”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

A whole different tier from everywhere else we ate in Glenwood Springs. The burgers and pierogies and curries at other places were OK, but this place is a real restaurant, with a creative menu and an intelligent wine list. A few service glitches, but I would eagerly return here to eat. Creative menu, excellent execution. Even a picky eater was satisfied. As were the foodies.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver
“The reviews were correct”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

WE found this place when looking on trip advisor. The reviews were correct. WE went there while in Glenwood and it was great!!! The appetizers that we had were amazing. We had the gnocchi with greens and truffle sauce. The kids ate it and licked their plates. The goat cheese fritters were yummy. They were gone instantly. My daughter had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and fries and enjoyed them both. We had to ask for warm fries since the first were cold but the next batch were good. My older daughter had the pieroges and ate every bite. My son had the pork shoulder which was good but not as good as the rest of the entrees. MY husband had the sea bass special which was beyond good. The salmon I had was great. I don't love the skin left on the fish but that is a personal preference. WE didnt have any dessert but they looked great. The staff was ok. The hostess was a bit confused but we finally were sat. She could have smiled. The server was ok. He had many tables and often gone for long periods at a time. Didnt describe the items when he brought them just dropped them at the table. The same held true for the other servers. I always love to know what I am eating and how it has been prepared and what is in the purees, sauces etc. It was a very nice meal and better than some I have had in Glenwood.

“Most amazing meal”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant was amazing. There were 4 in our party, we did not have a reservation but they were able to get us in with no wait. The food was some of the best I have ever had. We had the Pork, Steak, and Pierogis. It was amazing, the chef did a great job with the recipes and the team did a great job preparing them. Bread Pudding topped of the meal. We will be back.

Visited July 2014
Mark F, Manager at The Pullman, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
COfamilyof4,

Thanks for the kind words. We strive to provide our guests a memorable experience.

dine well,

rick
the pullman
Columbus
“Nice place, different food, and bad service”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Came here because of high rated reviews. Definitely over rated!! Atmosphere was nice. Didn't like the signs about making sure your kids are behaved. Maybe put a sign for adults to leave shoes on since I sat next to a lady sitting Indian style and all I saw while eating was her toes and bottom of feet. Gross!
We got the lamb and BBQ sandwiches. Different but not great. Homemade chips were brown like they were burnt. Not sure if that is how it should be but didn't want to ask waiter to get new ones because it took almost 20 minutes to get our food. Waiter never came around after taking our order to check in on us. I almost got up to see if they forgot us. Kids meals are way over priced and not great. But kids liked so guess that is good. No frisbee like yelp review said you would get. Though ice cream was a treat. Cole slaw with the sandwiches was good but if you don't like vinegar taste then pass on it. Water was good but would have been better with ice and waiter never came back to ask for ice then again I could have got up and asked :). The cap to the cool bottle of water they give you to refill your own water was dirty. Loved the water taste but grossed out from the cap.
We got there before it got busy for lunch and asked to sit outside because there was four tables open. A couple had some glasses on it and needed to be cleaned but could have been done fast to let us sit out there. Minutes after she sat us the tables were cleaned and others were sat there. At one table just one person was sat. Boo to the hostess for that:(
Overall the atmosphere was nice and neat to look at. Maybe why the waiter took so long so we could enjoy the decor:) the food is different but not great and definitely overpriced !!! Probably won't come back if coming through this town again. Menu didn't seem appealing enough to do so. But nice to try.

1 Thank Heatshea
Thornton, Colorado
“Mountain town superb fine dining but noisy!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had heard about this place a while back and finally got a chance to try it. It was everyone promised and more. Friendly service, good wine and beer list and even reasonably priced bottles of wine, not often found in restaurants. My friends and I shared three apps and two entrees and it was more than enough food and everything was delicious. Our server David was quite helpful and took good care of us. The vibe is good and the atmosphere is casual. Interesting people watching too, both inside the restaurant and walking by the place. My only complaint is the noise level is impossible. There were three of us trying to hold a conversation and because of the high ceilings and wood floors we couldn't hear ourselves. And somehow every time a baby or child shrieked, it was piercing. This place might want to consider doing something to balance the acoustics in this place. Other than that, a great experience.