“Mountain town superb fine dining but noisy!!!”
Review of The Pullman

The Pullman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had heard about this place a while back and finally got a chance to try it. It was everyone promised and more. Friendly service, good wine and beer list and even reasonably priced bottles of wine, not often found in restaurants. My friends and I shared three apps and two entrees and it was more than enough food and everything was delicious. Our server David was quite helpful and took good care of us. The vibe is good and the atmosphere is casual. Interesting people watching too, both inside the restaurant and walking by the place. My only complaint is the noise level is impossible. There were three of us trying to hold a conversation and because of the high ceilings and wood floors we couldn't hear ourselves. And somehow every time a baby or child shrieked, it was piercing. This place might want to consider doing something to balance the acoustics in this place. Other than that, a great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We came here for our anniversary dinner (with the kids since we were travelling from out of town). We worried about going in with our two kiddos but there were very accommodating and attentive. The food was good-though I was a bit disappointed in the kids menu; nothing other than typical carb heavy or fried "kid" food, which our son doesn't care for. We ended up giving him some of our steak and pork chop which he promptly devoured. Drinks were good, food was tasty and the portions were perfect in size. We splurged on some dessert too which was very good. I would definitely come here again if I were in town. It was overall a very good meal and fairly priced.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently stayed in Glenwood Springs on family vacation, and we ate at The Pullman on our last night. We loved it so much that we wanted to go back, but unfortunately had to leave early the next morning. This place has all the right elements- awesome food, cool atmosphere, and a hard-working and efficient staff. The food was fantastic! Creative without being too outlandish. Their pork is to die for, also. My father said it was some of the best meat he's ever tasted in his life!

Mark F, Manager at The Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Ellie Y,

I am glad you and your father enjoyed dining with us. My staff love their job, and offering genuine hospitality. When so many guests enjoy there visit, it makes our job easier.

Thanks for joining us for dinner,

rick
the pullman

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Over rated for sure! Food was subpar... service was bad and there was barely anyone there. They stop seating a line of people because it was 9:30. Don't go here they don't appreciate customers there. Do yourelf a favor and don't support this place... nuf said!

1  Thank cherrh
Mark F, General Manager at The Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

cherrh,

I am truly sorry you are so confused about our restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your meal at the brew pub.

rick
the pullman

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My partner and I stayed in Glenwood Springs for a couple of nights and we ate at The Pullman. We had a reservation for 19:30 on a Monday evening, but were a little early so had a drink at the bar. The bar tender was exceptional - friendly and knowledgable. The service overall was excellent. Our waitress, Jennie, was friendly and efficient.

The decor and general feel of The Pullman is light and welcoming. It's neatly decorated with some exposed brickwork and large windows. The restaurant was fairly busy with a mix of clientele - children, couples and groups of friends of varying ages which made for a relaxed ambience.

The menu was interesting - crowd pleasing. The food was delicious. We shared appetizers of prawns and a salad and then had the chicken and the burger for our mains.

The wine list was quite limited and the only thing I think could have been improved. I think a restaurant of this quality could definitely carry a selection of fine wines with vintages. This said, we had a really lovely experience. Thank you! We will definitely visit again.