“Pleasant Surprise in Glenwood Springs”
Review of The Pullman

The Pullman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stopped here for dinner as we passed through Glenwood Springs last week. What a pleasant surprise to find The Pullman. It was quite busy on a Thursday night in a snowstorm, but I had reserved a table, and we were seated immediately. We started with the Caramelized Pork Belly with apple kimchee. It was delicious. I was intrigued by the Grilled Flatiron Steak Salad with Frites. Never had a salad with french fries before. My wife had the Grass Fed Burger. We were both well pleased with the meal. Our server was friendly and attentive, the atmosphere was warm and engaging. I think all the affluence up in Aspen must be creating more demand for upscale eateries in Glenwood Springs, because we were quite surprised to find such a fine meal at a stopover in Glenwood.

1  Thank Gregg B

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Unique menu always adding or changing things up. But, always consistently fabulous. My friend commented that "the staff always acts like they know us..." And they are busy but friendly and they listen! Thanks guys!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am surprised at so many bad reviews of what we consider one of the best restaurants in CO, let alone the Springs. We go there every time we're in town, several x a year. The food is consistently interesting and outstanding; I mean, even boring old chicken they make super tender with a yummy sauce. The brussel sprout hash is like eating candied veggies (a good thing). The atmosphere is always lovely; energetic as opposed to loud, and in a cool building. The only thing this last time was we usually get superb service, and this time the waitress seemed to lose interest in us over the course of the meal. And it was also the least busy we've seen it, so we're not sure why that was. Tons of things on the menu we still want to try, so we'll definitely be back. Also can't believe folks commenting on the prices; they have kept their prices more than reasonable since they've opened, another reason we keep going back.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The place is a beautiful. Prices reasonable for quality of ingredients. Wait staff excellent. Bar staff excellent.
Really enjoyed their local sourcing of ingredients and creative approach. We have dinner here whenever we are in town and have never been disappointed

Reviewed January 19, 2014

In my group of four, we all ordered something different and immensely enjoyed our dishes. I couldn't believe how the prices were so low for such inventive, delicious food. I'm only disappointed that its a 3 hour drive to eat here again. Highly recommended!